Not trying to call anyone but I get this message

Options
M_J
M_J Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in My Mobile

Action required: Your current plan did not allow you to complete this call. Please buy an Add-On  https://fizz.ca/s/15/en/31943907/

I keep getting this message at random times every few days but I'm not trying to call anyone. Has someone hijacked my account?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,216 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello ! One of the reason behind this SMS might also because if you have a data only plan (no voice option), then even incoming calls won't be granted. So this SMS might let you know that someone tried to reach you and the plan you have does not allow to connect the call (make you phone ring for an incoming call).

Have a great day !

Answers

• JC7
    JC7 Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Options

I get the same annoying messages at random times. Also want to know why.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,095 ✭✭
    Options

Probably better to ask customer service and see if they can look into it!

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,809 ✭✭
    Options

surely you are often outside your subscription area?

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,490 ✭✭
    Options

One more thing to try is to add +1 before the number.

• M_J
    Options

Nope, I'm in the subscription area. I'm at home sitting at my desk working and I got the message twice today. I am not trying to make any calls so there is no number to put a 1 in front of.

In a way I'm glad I'm not the only one getting the message since it's less likely my phone is possessed and trying to make calls on its own.

If I'm potentially going to be charged for calls I don't make, I'm not going to buy a top up until I stop getting these messages. I'm pretty sure I didn't use the minutes from the last one but my credit is all gone, and it could be related to this.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,069 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @M_J

Can you try to turn off the phone, put the phone in airplane mode for 1 minutes

If this doesn't help, you can also force the phone to connect to Fizz Ext for 30 seconds, and set the network operator to automatic after that.

The steps for enabling your device to automatically select a network varies depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:

Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz

iPhone: Settings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz

All these operations, they will force the phone to re-register

If nothing helps, you should contact the support

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,478 ✭✭
    Options

Let us know if the manipulations proposed by Jess helped

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭
    Options

That's really strange! But i saw someone reported this problem before on the forum and it seems that some times it's like a glitch on the phono/system to send you the same annoying notification from time to time

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

Try to look for the old post from the other user to see if there is a solution otherwise you have to submit it to the customer service

• M_J
    Options

@Jess_i88b6

Thanks for the tip. I have tried that so I'll wait a few days and see if I get any more messages. I'll post again then.

• Derr
    Options

All right, we’ll wait for your feedback…

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,069 ✭✭
    Options

You are right since he wrote

I'm pretty sure I didn't use the minutes from the last one but my credit is all gone, and it could be related to this.

I missed that phrase :'(

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options
  • Derr
    Options

Thanks for the precision Whizz

This discussion has been closed.