Internet still down

Options
Sukuna
Sukuna Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Internet

My internet has been down for 4 days now after my power came back in Montreal. I've seen people telling me to check Videotron's updates on twitter, so I did and I also tried contacting them, but they would just tell me to contact Fizz. But Fizz can't tell me the estimated down time nor why it's taking a while to come back. Is waiting really all I can do right now? I've tried resetting the modem, plugging it in a different power outlet, unplugging and replugging the modem cable, but none of them seem to resolve the issue, instead it's constant green lights flickering without any blue lights. Does anyone have an idea of when it will come back?.. Videotron said they've restored nearly 99% of their services and even Fizz's service status says that everything is fully functional, yet the internet at my place is still down. My data is getting drained from this.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,803 ✭✭
    Options

you have to be patient yes it's long

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,061 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @Sukuna

can you tell us the modem led status?

I friend of mine, had a problem, and he followed all the instructions, reset the modem, disconnected, etc etc

at the end he forgot that he needed to configure the modem in bridge since he is using a personal router.

This is a story to tell you that sometime the problem is not complicated, but we need to cover the basics.

And yes you need to contact Fizz's support in order to have a Videotron tech

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,472 ✭✭
    Options

@Sukuna that sucks…

do you live in a building? Does your neighbours have the same problem? Are they with Fizz/Videotron?

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,803 ✭✭
    Options

contact green bubble support at bottom https://fizz.ca/en/support.

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/fizzca?mibextid=ZbWKwL

• Sukuna
    Options

The green lights are flickering on the Power, and on both 2.4g and 5g. Those 3 lights are flickering in green and that's all, nothing else.

• Jess_i88b6
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Sukuna

Then if one or the two light with an arrow's symbol are off, this means that is a problem the videotron cable. You can only double-check if the cable is well inserted, also check if the central wire is straight and not damage (if you removed the coaxial cable, this can happen)

Contact the support to let them know

• Sukuna
    Options

I live in a house and my neighbor right next door do use Videotron and their internet is working fine. I also have a friend living 5 minutes walk from me who uses Fizz and their internet is also working fine with no issues.

• Derr
    Options

I don’t know what to tell you… Listen, Jess is really the reference among users here so I would definitely recommend to try what Jess is proposing. Also, maybe @Whizz will see this thread and will be able to assist you.

Good luck pal,

• Derr
    Options

Also, when it comes back, feel free to give us some feedback on how the problem was solved. This could help other users too.

And you could ask for data gifting from other members too in the meantime. Don’t forget to give your referral code.

• Sukuna
    Options

I've checked if the cables are well plugged as you said, I also tried unplugging and replugging but it's still those 3 green lights flickering and still no blue lights on the two arrow symbols.

• Jess_i88b6
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @Sukuna

Did you check the central wire? Only to be sure that it's straight. After that, you should contact support, and they will send a technician to check the cable.

• Sukuna
    Options

I've contacted the customer support of Fizz and they told me there's a maintenance going on in my area right now that they are working on, it's weird because on their service status it's mentioned that everything is fully functioning. Would this take long?

• Jess_i88b6
    Options
  • Derr
    Options
  • AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭
    Options

Hopefully will come back soon. Maintenance trucks are over the place. Keep us informed please

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 5,961 ✭✭
    Options

Yeah you are probably right! Fingers crossed for OP!

• Sukuna
    Options

I've contacted Fizz support and they told me that our wifi should be working right now and that the maintenance is already finished. Does that mean it's our modem issue? What could be the problem? I tried unplugging and replugging, different power outlets and everything but it didn't resolve the issue.. is having a technician over to check on it the best option?

• Jess_i88b6
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @Sukuna

If the 2nd or 3rd light are off, this means that the problem is on the coaxial cable

If you already check the cable inside your habitation, yes you need the tech to check the cable outside

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,481 ✭✭
    Options

Try to factory reset your modem and if it doesn't work contact customer support.

• Sukuna
    Options

Just wanted to update in case any people are having the same issue as me, I've contacted Fizz customer support once again recently and then I found out it was the modem issue that broke down during the power outage (the technician told me it's a common problem). So I just made an appointment with a technician, replaced my modem with a new one and it solved the issue right away. If ever anyone is having the same issue as me, having a technician over will be the fastest way to get your internet fixed. Thank you everyone for the advices and the possible solutions!

• Derr
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @Sukuna

By the way, did you have to pay for the technician?

• Sukuna
    Options

No, I didn't have to pay for replacing the modem, it was free!

• Referral_code_UKS6U
    Referral_code_UKS6U Posts: 453 ✭✭
    Options

Good to know, thanks for sharing.

• Derr
    Options
  • FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 5,961 ✭✭
    Options

That's great! Thanks for the update and kudos to Fizz who solved your problem!

This discussion has been closed.