I have no internet

Options
Dawcha
Dawcha Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Internet

I haven't had internet since the ice storm.

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Dawcha

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. As users, we don't have the ability to assist you directly. I would suggest reaching out to the support team as they may already be aware of the issue, but it's important to let them know so they can address it.

If you have problem with the chat, you can leave a message on facebook.

Or you can open a ticket

Settings -> Contact forms -> Submit a complaint

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

Answers

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

that really sucks :/

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

I hope you get refunded!! I would open a ticket in settings and file a complaint with customer service :)

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,524 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry for you, hope it comes back soon

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,548 ✭✭
    Options

Same here, no Internet yet, waiting.

• iceland
    iceland Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Options

You should follow the Videotron feed on twitter

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Dawcha

There are many cables damaged by the storm, so I think your problem is related to that.You can try chatting with the support, but they are overwhelmed, so you will have to wait for a long time. Prepare yourself with a lot of patience.

This is the last information from Fizz, which can be found here https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services

April 7 2023 1:30 PM Important: Due to poor weather conditions over the last few days, some Fizz members in several Quebec regions are experiencing problems with their Home Internet service.  Our technicians are working hard, to re-establish our services, and we will be back online as soon as possible.  Please note, that even if the power supply is back in an area, it is possible that telecommunications services remain affected because they too depend on the state of the electrical network.  Thank you for your patience.

And this is the last tweet from Videotron, which is the owner of the cable, and it is responsibility to fix. Probably you can follow their feed

• Derr
    Options

Any update?

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,548 ✭✭
    Options

My home Internet is back (H8T), not sure for how long though. Enjoying the life again 😄.

• Derr
    Options

Good for you!!

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,466 ✭✭
    Options

Is it back now @Dawcha ?

• Derr
    Options

Not sure we will find out

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,382 admin
    Options

Hello Dawcha,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your account and I can see that you have contacted us in private.
    You were informed that after the ice storm, maintenance works were required in order to fix the cables that were down in your area. 
    If you still experience issues with your services, I advise you to restart the modem.
    To restart the modem, you can disconnect the power cable from the back, wait for 30 seconds then plug it back in.

Here you can see more details: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it
    In case that does not help, you should reach out in private using the steps provided above by Jess_i88b6.
    Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good one! :)
    -Eugen 

This discussion has been closed.