Why is Vidéotron/ Fizz deducting mobile data from their customers?

Options
ZacHug
ZacHug Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in My Mobile

I am livid with Fizz Mobile. I absolutely need compensation or reimbursement for this issue.

Willingly deducting mobile data from your customers after it’s been announced that the grace period for mobile deduction will end on April 7th 2023 at 11:59, is completely poor business, intelligence, and negligence to your customers.

It is understandable communication lines will be down even though the power lines are up.

What is not understandable is that Fizz Mobile decides to deduct mobile data from their customers on April 8 2023 at 12 AM Eastern time even though they are fully aware that their home Internet for the same customers is out of service.

So while my Internet at home has restarted for the current month, my mobile data is being deducted because Fizz purposely decided to do that to their customers even though their customers don’t have home Internet service.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 20,285 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello ZacHug,
    I am sorry for situation encountered,
    The free data that was offered between April 6, 1 pm, and April 7, 11:59 pm was a good will gesture from Fizz to the customers that have an internet plan or not. It was for everyone that had endured during the days without an internet connection. 
    That period was not extended. 
    In regards to your request to be compensated for your internet plan, you can contact us in private and you will be compensated according to the service agreement, point 6.1. 
    You can see your service agreement> my plans> manage plan > service agreement. 
    Here you can see more details: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-view-my-service-agreement

You will not be compensated for the mobile plan, as you did not encounter any issues with it. 

Thank you for your understanding everyone! :)
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen

Answers

This discussion has been closed.