When will FIZZ update the VoLTE compatible phone list?

Options
Stephen G. #32755
Stephen G. #32755 Posts: 43 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in My Mobile

The VoLTE compatible phone list hasn't changed in "forever". Videotron has many more VoLTE certified phones, including my Samsung S10e. Any idea what the holdup is on certifying more phones and when this will happen?

Even phones that are certified, like my wife's FIZZ-purchased Pixel 7, are not yet activated, or at least hers isn't.

USA vacation. is coming up, will be activating Can/USA plan soon, sure hope we get phone/text service. Data worked fine in August but we need texts (and phone) come May/June.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 20,285 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Stephen G. #32755,

Thank you for being part of the Fizz community!
    Currently we don't have an official information what phones are next in line to be certified VoLTE at Fizz at when, however we will do this as soon as possible.
    In case yours won't work on VoLTE when you will be in USA, keep in mind that the USA providers still have 2G, so you can manually search for AT&T, T-mobile or Verizon 2G networks. The calls and texts will work from there. 

You can verify the networks from now, for Androids you can do this by going in the phone at: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz.
    By disabling Automatic, the phone will search for other available networks in the area and you can select to which of them to connect.
    You can find them also in this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/I-cant-make-any-calls-on-my-phone-why#3

I am counting on your understanding and I wish you a good day,
    -Georgian

Answers

This discussion has been closed.