Why my Google Pixel 4XL is non on the volte list?

Options
FizzyFizz JQMPM
FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 5,758 ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Phones

As per title, why my Google Pixel 4XL is not on the list of the supported VoLTE phones? I believe it has the ability but it's somehow deactivated? Is someone in the same situation?

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Andrea M. 86963

Don't worry at this stage about the list

Do you have the VoLTE sim? If you don't have https://zone.fizz.ca/dce/customer-ui-prod/simcard/free-order?step=quantity

It seems that you subscribed before the 16th Mars 2022, therefore, you cannot use at the moment the VoLTE technology.

On my opinion, 99.9999% of the mobile with the VoLTE technology will be compatible, Fizz cannot certified all the phones

> If you became a mobile member BEFORE March 16, 2022. 

Calling will be possible again by spring 2023 when Fizz offers VoLTE on its own network. At that time, using a VoLTE certified phone updated with the latest software update and activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card will allow you to make calls when in the United States. 

> If you became a mobile member ON or AFTER March 16, 2022.

Your plan should already be activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card. If you are using a VoLTE-certified phone updated with the latest software update, calls and texts will work in the U.S. If it is not, you will only have access to your mobile data.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-do-some-calls-and-texts-when-us-not-work

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @Andrea M. 86963

The VoLTE option is disabled since the network does not currently support it for people who activated their plan before March 2022. Therefore, the majority of us we are in the same situation, and we are waiting this feature to be activated.

Moreover, it is compatible with videotron https://videotron.tmtx.ca/en/topic/google_pixel4xl/activating_voice_over_lte_volte.html#step=5

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz has a liter of maybe 1% of compatible phones if you have activated your advent package on March 16th it will be in the spring that you have been activated turn around it takes the sim card with the red flash

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,450 ✭✭
    Options

In several posts it was mentioned by @Whizz that almost all phones released after 2018 will be compatible.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 5,758 ✭✭
    Options

So should I order the volte sim anyway and wait for fizz to deploy it for us old customers?

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

@Andrea M. 86963

you should be ready, the SIM is feee, check the link that I posted

Fizz wrote that the transition will be done in the spring 2023, therefore, it can be in couples of weeks or months, we are close to it

This discussion has been closed.