Slow and intermittent internet Prevost

Martin L. 76088
Martin L. 76088 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Internet

I'va been having a week of slow (20-30 instead of 120) and always cutting out internet this week...still going on now. Anyone else?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello there @Martin L. 76088

Sorry to hear about your situation. I checked your modem and saw that the main interface has been disabled while the guest interface being enabled, the interface in question here being the network.

I would propose to go to 192.168.0.1 on any available device and log using the following:

Username: cusadmin

Password: [ The password you set for your own network or the one on the back of the modem, on the white label, if you chose to go with it. ]

Once in, click on the Wireless section that is on the very top bar, between Basic and Admin buttons. There you will be able to configure the 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and guest networks along with the WPS system.

Go into 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network and check on the Wireless Enabled row if the button for ON is blue, meaning it is selected.

Or if you want the easy way out, you can do the Factory Reset. To do the factory reset you will need to have a thin object on hand. Turn the modem's back to you and look for a small hole, it's near the ethernet ports. Beneath it is a button that you will need the press for 30 seconds with the thin object. After that you will need to redo the process from when you first received the modem.

Reach out to us on Messenger or Chat if the issue is persisting! Go to our Support page while being logged in and look for the green button that is on the lower right corner of the page. It will lead you to either our Messenger chat or Live Chat.

Support Page: https://fizz.ca/en/support

Have a good one!

-Paul 🖖

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Hi @Martin L. 76088

Did you try to turn off the modem for 5 minutes?

Did you try the speed with the app or with a device connected with the wifi?

If you are using the wifi can be an interference, usually if you turn off the modem, and you turn on, the modem is looking for a less busy frequency.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭

everything is beautiful here

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,359 ✭✭

Hi @Martin L. 76088

If you didn't do it already, please plug the modem into another electrical outlet (directly not using an extension cord), make sure the coaxial cable is well inserted and undamaged. Also please restart the devices that have speed issues.

You can find in this FAQ more information: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-slow-how-do-i-make-it-faster

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭

If after restart it will be the same, chat with customer support, they will check it out.

This discussion has been closed.