I have a Quebec plan (rather than a Canada wide). Can I receive calls from outside the province?

Options
Spayro
Spayro Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited February 2023 in My Mobile

Also, are text messages limited to Quebec only?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,166 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Spayro,
    I hope this message finds you well. 

Any call you make within your coverage area is considered a local call, and when you are in your coverage area, any call you receive, even those coming from abroad, are considered and billed as a local one. Therefore you should be able to receive calls from anywhere around the work if the caller has the right type of minutes in his plan and uses the correct international prefix, of course, considering that you are inside your coverage zone. 

This information is present on this FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/faq/abcs-fizz-mobile-services#3, and you can find a lot more. 
    Have a good one!
    -Sergiu

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi @Spayro

If you have unlimited calls plan, and you are in Quebec you can receive call from all the world.

• Spayro
    Spayro Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Options

I do have unlimited calls. Even outside Canada?

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

If you are in Quebec yes

You can receive calls from Japan too without any costs :D

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,470 ✭✭
    Options

You cannot make free calls outside Quebec (and Ottawa I believe) but yes you can receive calls and texts from outside.

• spaghetti
    spaghetti Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Yes, you can receive calls outside Quebec, but within Canada only, it's $0.25/min. You can also buy Canada travel add-on.

Receiving sms text messages is always free. But, you need to pay for sending text messages when you are outside Quebec.

• kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Options

You can be called even from other continent if you are in your coverage area. I think incoming txt will work everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.