How long does it usually take to get an answer?

David B. 22297
David B. 22297 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2023 in My Mobile

I've had an issue open since Tuesday Jan. 31st and support keeps closing and reopening the ticket. Support told me to wait a tech to be assigned to the ticket. The problem is, techs cannot talk to me directly, so when the solution doesn't work, I'm probably going to wait for another week.

I bought a used, seemingly American model, S20+ and I only get Phone + SMS, no data. They can't tell me if the phone has an issue with their network or vice versa. I only have a 15 days warranty... clocks ticking.

And yes, they told me to check the APN settings, twice.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,817 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello David B. 22297,
    We are really sorry for the situation you are encountering,
    When a technical issue arises, we as customer service rely on our technical team to handle it.
    Depending on the complexity of it and the other tickets that have been assigned to them, it may take a few days for them to fix it.

In regards to your data, we have not received any screenshots of your APN settings to verify if they are set correctly on your phone. 
    For some cases, even a "dot" that is missing or a space will render that setting useless. You have to make sure that the settings are 100% identical to the ones we provided you with or that you can find on this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn

Here are the APN settings you should have on the phone:

APN: mobile.bm
    MMSC: http://mms.mobile.bm
    MMS proxy: mmsproxy.mobile.bm
    MMS port: 80
    APN type: default,mms,supl
    Find them by navigating to: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Access Point Names → APN

You mentioned that you can use your mobile data with another phone, therefore the issue is on the new device.
    It could be that some details on the settings are missing from your side and that causes your phone to not connect to the network. 
    Your phone is compatible with our network, so that should not impact the service.

Can you please, reach out to us in provate, either chat or social media and share a few screenshots of your APN settings so we can verify them  closely?

To contact us in private, go to the link above, click on the green bubble on the right hand side of your screen, click on it and choose the prefered way of contact.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!
    I wish you a great day!
    -Eugen

Answers

This discussion has been closed.