International call feature

Options
alg
alg Posts: 44 ✭✭
edited February 2023 in My Mobile

I currently have my plan set without the international call feature toggled on since I originally wished to minimize my bill payment and it adds a small sum, not sure how much, to my monthly total. Although now I wish to make a call at a specific number that is local to my geographic location and my plan doesn't allow me. For this reason I wish to confirm if the international call feature depends on your number from Fizz or if it can also depends on your location and I doubt this is true now.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 20,373 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @alg,

Thank you for posting on our forum!

In order to call that specific number, you have to make sure that it is located within the coverage area you've selected for your plan. In case you're calling abroad (from your coverage zone, of course), you'll either need an international calling add-on or include the international calls option for that specific country in your base plan by modifying it (My plans -> Manage plan -> Adjust plan). 

Please know that is currently impossible to place or receive calls while roaming. 

This FAQ page will provide you with all the information you need regarding calls: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/abcs-fizz-mobile-services section 3.

If there's anything else we can do for you, we remain at your disposal on any of our communication channels!

Have a good one, take care!

-Ionut

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,351 ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi @alg

in order to use the international call, you must be in your coverage area. Therefore, if you have a Quebec plan with an international call to France, you must be in Quebec to be able to call France.

This discussion has been closed.