15 GB perk showed as 32 days remaining and then disappeared.

Options
Jacques_Assert
Jacques_Assert Posts: 159 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in About my account

Initially, the 15GB perk showed as valid for two months.

One month later, it's disappeared.

What's up with that?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,170 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello guys,

Thank you for being part of the Fizz community and you have our sincerest apologies for this situation. Indeed the perks were available for activation 30 days from the moment they were received and there was a display issue.

They can't be reapplied into your accounts, however I am inviting the ones of you who were impacted by this in private and together we can find a solution.

You can contact us anytime from this link: https://fizz.ca/en/support , as we are online 24/7

I am counting on your understanding and I wish you a great day,

-Georgian

Answers

• OlivierMaltais
    OlivierMaltais Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hello,

I suggest you to contact Fizz on their website or on the Facebook page. They will be able to fix the problem. Here is the link:

https://fizz.ca/en/support or https://www.facebook.com/fizzca

Have a good day !

• M T. #12340
    M T. #12340 Posts: 598 ✭✭
    Options

It was an error of display .

Perk lasts only 30 days.

• OutlanderFan99
    OutlanderFan99 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

Bug, only lasted for 30 days.

• Jacques_Assert
    edited January 2023
    Options

That's not a bug. You can call it a data entry error on the part of someone at Fizz, but that's like a data entry error on the part of someone setting prices at the grocery store. You don't get to promise one thing and deliver another.

Reaching out to Fizz.

I was already annoyed that it was for 60 days with a 30 day activation window instead of the previous 5x1GB giftable perks available for 90 days. This just adds insult to annoyance.

I get what Fizz is trying to do: get people using more data and upgrade their data plans, but annoying customers is not a good policy in general.

• Jacques_Assert
    Options

Customer Service immediately escalated my inquiry. So it appears that it's a surprise to them too and there is no canned response ready for complaints.

Good. Fizz has an increasingly inexpensive service only if you don't value your time.

• Haig
    Haig Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Contacted customer service THEN had to escalate with an official complaint. After several back and forths, still no satisfactory resolution.

It is unacceptable that Fizz makes an error and is unwilling to compensate the customer. This is the equivalent of data robbery. They are defaulting to the "display error" and "was only valid for 30 days therefore expired early January".

What they are missing and confusing is that there are 4 variables in this equation:

1. The term Perk that gets deposited into your account. 15GB offer in this case.

2. The Perk expiration date that would EXPIRE the Perk is not activated. 30 days in this case.

3. The term Reward, which is what is applied to your account once a Perk is activated. The actual 15GB of data applied to your mobile account in this case.

4. The Validity period of the Reward, after which it will disappear from your account. This is the 62 days most of us saw in our account's data usage page where they claim a display error.

In addition to all of this, they refer back to the email which was supposed to say the validity is 30 days. Well my email has NO SUCH STATEMENT.

Who monitors these threads from Fizz? Please find compensatory resolution for all customers in this situation!

• SquikyBird
    SquikyBird Posts: 1,614 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz website contains many bugs. For a couple of them, I chat with customer service. Normaly they can fix them thrue tickets. It can take few days.

• Jacques_Assert
    Options

You nailed it. And what's most annoying for me is that they have control over all of these aspects. They set the T&Cs. They control the website. They control the UX. And if their display says X days it may be an error, but it's their error, not mine, and they should honour what their UX said.

Especially since it was consistent with their T&Cs and you have to dig deep to find anything that states otherwise. It's like promising a car gets 60 MPG and they when it only gets 30MPG point to some buried fine print that contradicts the window sticker and all the promotional material.

We should get what a plain reading of their offer and their website promised. A 15GB Perk, if activated within 30 days, then had a validity period of 60 days, as indicated by the Fizz website itself.

Getting 1GB like they did in previous promotions would have been far more useful. This was a bait and switch.

This discussion has been closed.