WIFI : managing devices at a distance

Options
kapdan01
kapdan01 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Internet

Greetings,

Is there a way to manage devices at a distance? For example, block access to device A when I am on the road?

Is there a way to program different access times for a device? Currently I am only seeing Bedtime schedule and I can only program 1 schedule.

Many thanks and happy New Year!

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,102 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello there kapdan01!

To manage your devices you will need to be connected to the same network and open the Fizz Wi-Fi app. Go to My Devices and there you will be able to block or pause the access of each device there.
    Here is our FAQ about this: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-manage-devices-allowed-my-wi-fi-network

However, given that you want to manage your devices from a distance, I would recommend to try the suggestions Jessy_ref_i88b6  and _CJ_  proposed since you will need to be connected to the same network in order to configure the devices on it.

If you go with what CJ has suggested you will need to log into the page, which is the modem interface as we call it, that allows you to make said adjustments. 
    Here's how to access it:  

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of the web browser.
    3. Log in using the username “cusadmin” and your administration password

There is more information in the link I provided, at the third point/paragraph that tells you how you can manage your devices.

Hope this helps and have a wonderful new year!
    -Paul

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @kapdan01

I think that is not possible using the Fizz's modem.

I would like to suggest buying a router to connect with the Fizz's modem, this will give you more options, like block specific device, limit the time spent on internet and much more https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-use-my-own-wi-fi-router-fizz

Sorry I know that you are not what you asking :(

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Options

You can sort of do it in a roundabout way by remotely connecting to a computer on the network and then going into the router's configuration through there in order to do what you'd like. It's more of a workaround, but I do it all the time.

Anydesk is what I recommend to remotely access your computer - easy to use and works great, just make sure to secure it with a strong password.

This discussion has been closed.