Not getting all Group SMS messages

Options
MagnuM2K
MagnuM2K Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in My Mobile

Hi

I'm part of a Group SMS with family members, and I noticed that I'm not getting all the SMS messages.

My wife is part of the same group, and she is also on Fizz, and she gets them all. I'm on android and she has an iphone.

I need technical support!

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello MagnuM2K,
    I am sorry for the sitaution encountered, 
    I have verified your account and I can see that you managed to reach us via chat. 
    The contact us page works well and you manged to reach us both times. The first time, it appears that you have closed the chat before our Rob on duty could transfer you. 
    And the second one you spoke with one of our representatives. A ticket was escalated, however no manipulation we provided was followed. Depnding if you have a group chat with iPhone users and you being the only one with an android phone, some messages your fellow group chat members might send iMessages instead of normal text messages which appear for them as green and the iMessages appear blue. 
    If that is the case, then your wife should make sure to send normal text messages in the groop chat and not iMessages. 
    Also, if you want to learn more about the RCS messages, here is a link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/whats-rcs-messaging-android-phones

I hope that answered your question in regards to the issue you encounter.
    Thank you for your understanding! 
    I wish you a great day! 
    -Eugen

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi @MagnuM2K

I read other users having problems with the SMS, did you try to put your sim in your wife's phone?

The iPhone receiving the SMS on iMessage from another iphone can go throw the wifi.

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• MagnuM2K
    Options

Already tried.

I was 22 in queue.. when down to 1.. then somehow got bumped up to 34 after waiting over 1 hr!!!

• fcoursol
    fcoursol Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @MagnuM2K,

It might be because you don't have android RCS activated. Try to activate it using the following procedure: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/whats-rcs-messaging-android-phones

• MagnuM2K
    Options

Thanks.

But, it's worked fine up to now.. Only within the last day.

And I had RCS active, since the start.

• MagnuM2K
    Options

Their support chat is not working either...

I'm at 1 in queue.. and I get bumped to 17.

This is @#$@#$.. Their support is not working

Please have someone reach out to me via email.. and a number to call back.

• DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

It happened to me before , here are all the causes I went through:

1. It's simply because you run out of Data. MMS requires data, and your line is run out of data (solution: ask you wife gift you 512m data);
    2. For RCS, if you enabled it, but you run out of data and no wifi (either get mobile data from gift, or connect to WIFI).

For iphone, enable send as SMS option in setting. For Android, DISABLE chat in setting, when you run out of data. Just use SMS, no picture.

Good luck.

• MagnuM2K
    Options

Thanks for your suggestions Dino, but not the case in my situation.

Plenty of data and currently on WIFI.

This discussion has been closed.