Trying to get a refund but it says the name on the phone is different from the name of the buyer

Options
sbouch92
sbouch92 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in My Mobile

Hello,

I am trying to get a refund ordered through an app but it says the name on the phone is different from the buyer. There are 2 phones on my Fizz account and they are to my name (I assume) but one is my wife's phone so when she tries to get a refund, she isn't allowed to do it as the phone is apparently not to her name.

I've been looking through the options on the account and I am unable to find the option to change the name for one of the phone. Do they have to both be under my name?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,166 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @sbouch92 ,

I hope this message finds you well.

I hope you managed to complete your request, as I can see that an End-user was added to a plan on your account, however, if you still need assistance, please feel free to reach out to us in private, and we will do our best to help you on our end. Here is an FAQ on how to contact us.

Have a good one!

-Sergiu

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi @sbouch92

You can find in my settings on the left column under your account

Below the blue box with the level

• sbouch92
    Options

@Jessy_ref_i88b6 I see my name, but I don't want to change my name, I want to add a different name to one of the phone number. Or should I change it temporarily to her name and then back to mine?

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

@sbouch92

The account it can be associated only to one person, you can try this https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-add-user-to-plan if you don't want to change the name on your account

• sbouch92
    Options

@Jessy_ref_i88b6

I've done that already but it still says only my name is associated to that number. Does it take some time to take effect?

• Jess_i88b6
    edited December 2022
    Options

@sbouch92

You should try to change the name on the account to see if that helps

But when you say an app, what do you mean?

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Other means of contact

• Whatsapp: (438) 393-5814

• By private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• sbouch92
    Options

@Jessy_ref_i88b6

She's trying to refund a gift card she bought on a foreign application and they require the name to be the same on the phone number and on the bank card. Not sure exactly how that works to be honest. Anyway, I've decided to change the name in the settings and see if that works. As of now, it is still under my name when she tries to get the refund. Does it take a few minutes/hours/days for the name change to take effect?

Thank you for your help.

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

@sbouch92

I don't know exactly how long can take

However, how they can know? Fizz doesn't send any Caller name, therefore, when you make a call you can only see the number, you can see the name if it is entered the phonebook. The service agreement, change if there is a modification in the plan.

This discussion has been closed.