Competitors' Internet prices are dropping why not Fizz's

Options
Andrei_ref_R7VK1
Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,450 ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Internet

Tried to invite one of my colleagues to be a Fizz customer. But I was surprised that he already switched to Ebox Internet 120/20 for 50$. I checked this out and it's true.

@Whizz even with the current referral bonus of 50$ it will be not easy to recommend Fizz.

Best Answer

• Sensei007
    Sensei007 Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Now the promo is 100$ referal and you get 200mb for 53$ which I think is decent.

Answers

• crispypork
    crispypork Posts: 698 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz is only $3 more at $53 for 120Mbps, plus you can get up for $6 off your internet per month if you level up your My Rewards upgrades

• Jonathan_Carriere
    Options

Ebox is now owned by Bell. Good luck to your friend keeping that price for more than a few months before it mysteriously needs to be increased. At least with Fizz the long term trend has indeed been to lower prices rather than raising them. The competition has, in fact, generally been doing the opposite. Ebox is just one competitor and who's to say the current prices will stick. If they do, and others follow suit, I imagine Fizz will adjust accordingly before too long.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    Options
  • Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

And depending on your location, 120Mbps is not always possible on Bell technology. I know in my area, Bell had a hard time maintaining a 50Mbps speed without constant failures and interruptions. I gave up with Bell tech ages ago. Would never go back. They still only list 50Mbps as the highest speed avaialble in my area.

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Options

I don't know if you saw, but as of the 20th I believe, it's now 200 down and 30 up for $53/m base, plus the bonuses you might apply on top of it. I'd say it's an excellent deal.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Options

Yes, I have already switched to this plan. Really good news.

• Sickboy
    Sickboy Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Options

With ebox right now paying 50$ for fibe internet 150 down 50 up

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    Options

@Sickboy

Today the 200 up 30 dn is at 50 ( minus the 6 bucks ( from my rewards program if leveled up)

Once activated on your plan, you get to enjoy your upgrade each and every month. Keep an eye out and activate your upgrades as soon as possible to fully take advantage of them.

Each Fizz plan has three (3) slots on which an upgrade can be applied. The number of unlocked slots ready to welcome an upgrade varies based on your My Rewards level. If you have more than one slot available on a plan, the upgrades you’ll assign to that plan will be cumulative, making your plan even richer. ( Lowering your monthly bills )

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-do-i-receive-my-rewards-program#1

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 5,723 ✭✭
    Options

Let's see if you manage to keep it at $50 for more than 1 year with ebox...

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Options

Indeed. Now we have 200/30 for 50$, Fizz is doing the right things.

This post can be closed.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 5,723 ✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.