Trip prices went through the roof

Options
almalexiel
almalexiel Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in My Mobile

So many many years ago I remember I went with Koodo because they used to have the best prices for trips going to the US, I could get a considerable amount of data or better yet 3 days unlimited or 2 weeks,... then Koodo stopped offering proper prices.

Now I have a partner in Europe so I travel there often and been enjoying Fizz with their 5$ for 2 gigs was it?

Today I checked and it's now 10$ for 1 gig. Phew. That's a huge raise. I guess I'll pass on using data in Europe, but that sucks especially since I've kept my US-Canada plan even through pandemic and all that in case I went back there and wanted to use it like normal. And the one time I did last summer, I couldn't use data. Nothing worked because the network was messed up and when I got home they were telling people to change their SIM cards for new ones. Days before leaving I found out that the 3G network worked a little while LTE was completely out of service in North Carolina. At least with my old SIM card. So much for paying all this time without using it.

I'm pretty bummed. Been loving Fizz so far but the trip prices is making me reconsider whether I should start looking around. I got a discount on a phone recently but after having bought a phone through Fizz a year ago which is still in perfect condition, I can't manage to exchange it or get a discount on a new one. I actually thought you could do that.

Are there other price hikes you've noticed?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,172 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @almalexiel ,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry for the situation encountered, but I would like to inform you that Fizz, like all other suppliers, has the right to change prices and promotions at any time. The promotions are all posted on our website and each has its own duration.

The price of the phones has almost never remained the same and each time Fizz has tried to help its customers by offering promotional prices or even discounts. Therefore, the price may depend on the offers that Fizz is making at a particular time and customers can only take advantage of them at that time. The prices may also be different if the phone is new or used.

All current promotions are available on our page: https://fizz.ca/fr/plp?price__number[min]=0&sort_by=f...

I would also like to inform you that in general, the phones that benefit from a promotional discount, have conditions such as the following: you must have an active Fizz mobile plan for an uninterrupted period of several months following the date of purchase of this phone.

Here are more details about it: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-promotional-rebates-offered-some-phones-sold-fizz-work

Thank you for your understanding, have a great day!

-Olivia

This discussion has been closed.