Porting fizz Number out to Telus very hard

Thanh T. #69
Thanh T. #69 Posts: 23 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in My Mobile

I have reply YES to transfer. the agent say better used IMei and fizz’s account. Till hasn’t success yet.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,807 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Thanh T. #69,
    I hope this message finds you well.

I just verified your account and I noticed that the latest transfer from Fizz to another provider was completed, and at the moment, there are no active mobile plans on your account. In this case, it appears that your order was completed and it was a success. If you still need assistance, please feel free to reach out to us in private, and we will do our best to help you out. Here is an FAQ you can use to do so https://fizz.ca/en/support#gsc.tab=0.

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu

Answers

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

@Thanh T. #69

Hi, here are the different steps for transferring your phone number to Fizz.

1.- The most important thing to remember to transfer your phone number over to Fizz is that your plan with your current provider must still be active. Fizz will disconnect your old provider during the transfer process.

2.- You need:

• The IMEI of your phone. To find it, dial *#06# on the phone you are using with your current provider. If the IMEI number is more than 15 digits long, only use the first 15.

OR

3.- And have a Fizz SIM card in hand.

4.- Go to fizz.ca/activation. When you get to the step for a phone number, select the option to transfer your number to Fizz, and follow the on-screen steps.

Important: Leave the SIM card of your current provider in your phone. This provider will send the person using the number (that’s you!) a transfer authorization request by text message to confirm the number transfer.

5.- The transfer authorization request is a text message sent by your current provider to the current user of the phone number to confirm their wish to transfer the phone number over to Fizz.

Failure to reply “YES” to the transfer authorization request by the set deadline means that your request to transfer your number over to Fizz will be automatically cancelled. If you haven't received the transfer authorization request by text, you must contact your current provider directly.

6.- After replying to the transfer authorization request, you may insert your Fizz SIM card into your phone. Keep an eye on your texts and emails. We’ll be in touch as soon as everything is ready.

The transfer of your number can take up to two(2) hours. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

If you still have problems with the transfer, contact customer service who can help you. Go to this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues

and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble with a question mark, to your right, click on it and then another click. You can chat with support.

• Thanh T. #69
    Thanh T. #69 Posts: 23 ✭✭

From Fizz to Telus

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

@Thanh T. #69

I'm sorry, the procedures are similar but there are differences.

To keep your phone number at a new provider, first and foremost, DO NOT cancel your current Fizz service — only active phone numbers can be transferred to a new provider.

The process is simple: tell your new provider that you intend to keep your number. Your new provider will contact Fizz to disable your Fizz plan. The cancellation will only come into effect after your new provider has retrieved your phone number.

Your new provider will ask you to identify your Fizz plan to confirm your number transfer. Before you call your new provider, have the following information handy:

• Your Fizz account number: To find your account number, go to My Plan, then go in Manage. Beneath your telephone number you’ll see your 8 digits account ID starting by 2 or 3...
    • OR The IMEI number for the last phone you used with your Fizz plan: This is your phone’s identity card; it also allows us to identify your plan. Your IMEI number can be found by dialing *#06# in your phone’s keypad.

If you are transferring your number over to another mobile provider: 

- Once you completed your subscription with this new provider and requested the transfer of your Fizz number, you’ll receive via text messaging a transfer authorization request. This text MUST be answered within the prescribed time frame (90 minutes) to confirm your wish to transfer this number. 

- If this text message remains unanswered, or if you answer after the prescribed time, your request to transfer your number will be cancelled. You will need to contact the other provider directly to initiate a new request. 

- If you don’t receive the transfer authorization request by text messaging, contact the other provider directly to initiate a new request. If you still don’t receive anything with that second attempt, then contact our Customer Service team.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/unsubscribe

If you still have a problem, have you tried contacting customer service on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues

This discussion has been closed.