Internet connection to tv

Options
MANSOUREH
MANSOUREH Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Internet

Unfortunately I found fizz customer service the worst online chat is not possible never ever

My TV is not connected to internet

I've tried all the solutions from here and YouTube, changing channels reset factory and.... even I've checked with my TV customer service and all software are updated, internet is working with wire so the problem is connection between rooter and TV

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,193 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello there MANSOUREH 

I looked into your network and saw that you had a period of congestion yesterday along with seeing that a good amount of the devices that you had connected experienced high latency issues. Given that your plan is on the lower end of the spectrum, I would like to propose for you to upgrade to our 120 mbps plan since its bandwidth can support more devices. 
    Here is our page with what each plan can support: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/which-speed-should-i-choose

You can upgrade the plan by going into My Plans---->Click the Manage Plan button of your internet plan---->Adjust Plan. 
    Once you confirm your choice to upgrade the plan, it will be in effect in the following month. 
    An important bit of information regarding this is that you will need to confirm the changes before the last 4.5 days, 108 hours, of the cycle since our plans can't be adjusted in that period. 
    Here is our FAQ about changing your internet Plan: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-would-like-to-change-my-fizz-home-internet-plan-how-do-i-do-this
    And our Plan Change policy: https://fizz.ca/en/plan-change-policy

Once the change is confirmed you will be billed for the new plan in the last 72 hours. When you are billed, I would like to ask you to join us on chat so that we can refund you the difference between the plan you currently have and the new one.
    Here is our Support page from where you can contact us. Click on the green bubble with the question mark so that you can access our official live chat: https://fizz.ca/en/support

Have a good day!
    -Paul

Answers

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Options

@MANSOUREH

Hi, have you tried disabling the band steering?

The modification of this option is possible thanks to the mobile application Fizz Wi-Fi:

1. Choose: ''My Wi-Fi''
    2. Select your Wi-Fi network
    3. Select: ''Advanced Settings''
    4. Band Steering ''On/Off'' . Put on Off.

«The Fizz Wi-Fi app is available for free at various online stores (Apple Store and Google Play Store).»

This change can also be applied through the Wi-Fi modem user interface:

1. Log in at: 192.168.0.1 from the web browser of any device.

2. Log in using the following information: Username: cusadmin Password: xxxxxxxx (Password you chose during initial setup)

3. Go to the next section to apply changes:

Wireless ->Advanced -> 2.4 Ghz or 5Ghz -> Band Steering (disabled )

ATF in 2.4G and in 5G you must also set to disabled.

Click "Save changes" and wait for the modem to reboot and reconnect to the network.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it number 3

After doing that, go to the TV menu with the controller, and under wireless networks "forget" your current network. It would be better to exit the menu and then enter it again to reconfigure the network on your TV. Normally it is better to use band 5 for streaming, but if your device is a bit far from the modem, band 2.4 will be more efficient. You will see with use what is best.

Try it for a 1-2 hours. If that doesn't solve the problem, rename your two bands 2.4 and 5 with two different names and two different passwords. Same way as above, in the page at the bottom right, you have the name and the password for the 5. You can keep the same ones. You would have to put a different network name and password for 2.4 next to it. Change them then click “Save”.

And even manipulation to reconfigure your wifi network on your TV.

Hope it will be useful to you.

• MANSOUREH
    Options

Hi

I already did this , not wprking

• neverwinter
    neverwinter Posts: 2,049 ✭✭
    Options

Did you try to use the router dns instead google

• Mamie
    Options

@neverwinter

That's a very good observation you made.

@MANSOUREH

Hi, we can see on the photo that your TV uses one of Google's DNS: 88.44 and not Videotron's by default. Have you tried switching the DNS back to automatic mode. It might improve your situation.

• MANSOUREH
    Options

I've changed it several time,manually and automatic mode, I did automatic mod again but not working

• Mamie
    Options

@MANSOUREH

Hi, another very simple question: do you have other devices connected to your wifi? Just to make sure the problem is with your TV. In general, making two standalone bands of 2.4 and 5 has solved the problem for other subscribers. It's unfortunate that it doesn't work for you.

• Smilemars
    Smilemars Posts: 156 ✭✭
    Options

What is the brand of your tv?

This discussion has been closed.