Question about the new sim card

Smilemars
Smilemars Posts: 156 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in My Mobile

I replaced my old SIM card with the new VOLTE. Have you noticed any difference in speed or reliability compared to the old SIM card?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,815 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Smilemars ,

I hope this message finds you well.

Please note that the SIM cards should be working the same way, and have similar performance. The only difference between the two SIM cards is that the new one will allow you to use the VoLTE service once it is fully implemented. We are working on it, so stay tuned.

Have a good one!

-Sergiu

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭

Hi @Smilemars

My samsung didn't switch to 3G but I didn't check with the software to see if it was real :)

• Smilemars
    Smilemars Posts: 156 ✭✭

So far, I hadn’t have any issues. Everything looks fine with type new SIM card!

• AngryPineapple
    AngryPineapple Posts: 4 ✭✭

I've noticed no difference.

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hi, there will be a difference especially when Fizz activates the VoLTE (4G) service in the spring of 2023. The data already uses LTE. Now, calls are made on 3G but after activating the VoLTE service, calls can be made on 4G. Improved quality and faster calls.

"The ability to use the LTE network for your calls means: Better sound quality for your calls. Faster routing of your calls, which means less time for the phone to ring at the other end."

And for all travelers going to the USA no more problems :).

This discussion has been closed.