Keep existing number new simcard

Options
whitneyc
whitneyc Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in My Mobile

Hello,

My father in law snapped the sim tray in his old galaxy 8 and it is impossible to take the simcard out to use it in a new phone, so I need a new SIM card with the same number as the one I already have. This is critical as the number is used to receive many calls from medical professionals.

I have read forum posts about ordering new SIM cards, but none that specifically state that you keep the same number when you switch to a new SIM card.

Please can someone explain in order every step of the way, something like:

Go to ??? Click order new SIM,

Wait for it to arrive

Message the ??? team through chat bubble and ask them to activate new SIM card with same number

Get a 2 hour window for the switchover

In 2 hour window switch both phones off completely

After 2 hours switch both phones back on

New SIM card is activated with the same old number

Use my account to send network/apn SMS setup messages

Profit?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post :)

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,144 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello whitneyc,
    Thank you for being part of the Fizz community!
    As for the question, first you have to have physically  have a new SIM, you can either order it from your Fizz account by going at: Mobile -> Activate my SIM -> I don't have one, or as some of the members informed you, you can purchase it directly from a Couche Tard, Jean Coutu pharmacy or metro stations from Montreal.
    You can find in this link a map with all the locations: https://fizz.ca/en/sim-card
    As for the online order, you can read more about the process from this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-order-sim-card
    Once you have the SIM, please contact us in our live chat and we will help you with the swap of the number to this new SIM. You can open the chat from the FAQ provided above. Click it and scroll down a bit. The green bubble with a question mark that will appear in the right bottom side of the screen will show you a green square after you click it. That square is our chat.
    Thank you for understanding and I wish you a great day,
    -Georgian

Answers

This discussion has been closed.