Buy a phone on my account and use it on my wife's account ?

Nickfizz
Nickfizz Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in About my account

I have a 50$ rebate to buy a phone on my account. But I already have one and enjoy it. Can I still buy it on my account (clicking the box saying that it's for my current phone number and plan) and not use it (which means my current phone must continue to work), then make my wife create her own fizz account (we then get the referrer bonus) and activate her new sim card with that phone?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,810 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Nickfizz,
    First of all, thank you for being part of the Fizz community!
    You can order a phone using the 50$ perk by using your current number or you can purchase a SIM as well during the phone order since your wife will need a Fizz SIM as well in case she didn't purchased one yet.
    The phone won't be linked your number or mobile plan so she will be able to use it.
    However, please note that if the phone you order has a discount in the Fizz site, you will have to keep the mobile plan from the account in which you made the order for 24 months after the purchase to avoid being charged for the discount amount. 
    You can find more information in this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-promotional-rebates-offered-some-phones-sold-fizz-work
    I am counting on your understanding and I wish you and your wife a great day,
    -Georgian 

Answers

This discussion has been closed.