Phone Discount Perk

Vitamin_E
Vitamin_E Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in About my account

I was just curious what the requirements / circumstance is for receiving a phone discount perk. I signed up very recently right around the same time as a friend of mine (about a week apart), and they just received a $50 phone discount perk yesterday.

I have actually been planning to buy a new phone, so I wanted to know if I can expect one shortly (do you get one a few weeks after signing up), or if there was another reason my friend would have gotten one while I have not.

Thanks in advance for any info

Best Answer

Answers

• Mario_FQDZA
    Mario_FQDZA Posts: 3,149 ✭✭

I think those perks come after you have reached a certain level of points in the reward program. Maybe your friend got one by mistake?

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

@Vitamin_E

Hi, there are several ways to receive discounts/gifts in our account. For example, an incentive gift to buy a new phone.

In your case, recently subscribers mentioned receiving $50.00 at level 5, and $75.00 at level 7 for the purchase of a new device. https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2638223/black-friday

To increase its level, it is linked to the number of points obtained in the My Rewards program.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/whats-my-rewards-program

• Vitamin_E
    Vitamin_E Posts: 5 ✭✭

Thanks for the reply.

While I have read about customers getting discount perks at certain points/levels, this cannot be the case for my friend as he has only had an account for 2 weeks, and has not even activated his mobile plan yet (he is only level 1 and has 30points).

he forwarded the e-mail he got to me it says :

"No need to hunt for discounts, yours awaits.

Treat yourself to the phone of your dreams. Because you're at level 1 in the My Rewards program, a nice perk for a $50 discount on the new or Preloved phone of your choice is waiting for you in your account."

This discussion has been closed.