I cannot send international text

Options
daydreaming
daydreaming Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in My Mobile

Hi,

Can any one on Fizz help why I cannot send a international text?

I tried to send international text to my oversea friend, he didn't receive it. But when he send me a text, I can receive it. Then I reply his text but he still can't receive it. What's the problem behind that? Can anyone advise or help to fix it.

I have a Quebec plan with unlimited text. My iPhone SE (2020) was bought on Fizz. I know how to send a message and how to input number such as "+(country code) (area code) (phone number)"...

Besides, I tried below to verify my SMSC setting. I only got a error message.

Verification on iPhone: Dial *#5005*7672# → Press the key to place the call.

Editing on iPhone: Dial **5005*7672*+14385200092# → Press the key to place the call.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Sean

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,285 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @daydreaming,

Sorry to hear about the issue encountered!

Please try to reboot your phone in order to see if the situation persists. 

Also, when sending the SMS text, please insert the area code and the phone number only, perhaps the country code is not needed. Make sure that your phone's software version is up to date. If you have another phone you could use for testing purposes, please do.

If the situation persists after these troubleshooting steps, please contact us in private on any of our communication channels (preferably chat), so we can help you further. To do so, please access any FAQ page such as https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-cant-send-or-receive-text-messages, then click on the question mark on the bottom right and select chat.

We remain at your disposal, so please, let us know.

Have a good one!

-Ionut

Answers

This discussion has been closed.