International texting

Options
Kokoro
Kokoro Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in My Mobile

Hello,

I have an issue with sending international text messages but only to Japanese mobile phone. (Texting to France is working perfectly for instance)

I have contacted fizz customer service for the last two weeks, yet it cannot be resolved.

I am wondering if anyone has sent any text messages to a Japanese mobile number successfully. If so please tell me how you entered the number ? Or any manipulation you did.

I was able to send the text internationally with other company but not fizz (in term of Japanese mobile)

I used +81, 0081, 01181 as the international code that any provided options by fizz but not successful

I would really appreciate if you could share your experience here.

Thanks!!!

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,209 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Kokoro ,

I hope this message finds you well.

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues sending texts to a Japanese phone line, and you can indeed try the manipulations @Mamie suggested. If the situation persists after those manipulations, we would kindly advise you to wait for the response from our technical team. As soon as we have it, we will reach back to you via email with the updates. Feel free to contact us in private if you need more information. Here is how to do it https://fizz.ca/en/support.

Have a good one!

-Sergiu

Answers

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Kokoro

I can think you have "unlimited texts" in your plan? Or an Add-on for local or long-distance calls? Some subscribers have had difficulty with this too. Even if it's for a specific recipient, I offer you some ideas.

Try putting the phone in airplane mode for a few minutes, this will force the phone to reset.

And after, try again. The Canadian access code to reach international numbers from Canada: "+" the Japanese telephone code: “81” and finally the local number of your correspondent.

« Try sending your message by manually entering the recipient's phone number using your keypad. »

Check the network displayed in your phone, here is the procedure:

Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search for networks → Automatic/Fizz

iPhone: Settings → Carriers → Automatic/Fizz.

Also check if the SMSC number is correctly configured, perhaps following an update. The following sheet is very important:

Make sure your phone is correctly configured for the Short Message Service Center (SMSC). The number configured in your phone must be: 1-438-520-0092.”

Maybe a few more ideas to explore: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-cant-send-or-receive-text-messages

Hoping that another user gives you his own experience.

This discussion has been closed.