Help getting my number back

Abderahmane B. #6523
Abderahmane B. #6523 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in My Mobile

I tried transferring from virgin to fizz

In the process it it seems my phone number was lost by fizz.

They keep saying they are unable to transfer it and I need to get a new number.

I really need to keep my phone number since it’s used by many of my work accounts for 2fa and it’s causing me issues. I also need to keep the number so clients can contact me.

Anybody knows if there is a way to fix this.

I contacted virgin and they said the transfer of the number was completed and they don’t have the number in their database anymore.

I’m unable to receive or send calls, but I have data. I’m able to get txt messages on my old number with the fizz sim card so I suspected the number was partially transferred unless txt messages and voice lines use different systems for numbers.

I keep trying to contact fizz support but they always tell me to get a new number and close my support tickets.

Anyway I can pursue legal action against them if I can prove the loss of the phone number hinders my work?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,787 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Jessy_ref_i88b6,
    I hope this message finds you well.

I'm really sorry about this situation and I can assure you that it is not the one we are promoting, so we will do our best to help you out. I just verified your transfer and escalated the situation to our dedicated team, to find more details of what happened, and as soon as we have a reply from them, we will reach back to you via email with the updates. 

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭

Hi @Abderahmane B. #6523

Did you try to call the number?

When did try to chat with the support or you open the ticket yourself?

Can you try to ask Virgin support if they have a reference # that you can give to the Fizz's support?

You can try with this like https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,310 ✭✭

Very unpleasant situation.

What the reason they can't transfer it?

As it was suggested ask for the reference number of your transfer from Virgin, contact Fizz support, ask them to open a new ticket and continue asking Fizz support to escalate your ticket to the highest level.

This discussion has been closed.