Modem wrong date to send back…

maxo77
maxo77 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in About my account

Hi, I’ve recently terminated my contract with Fizz and they sent me a email telling me that I needed to send back my modem to them (which was no problem) or I would have to pay 225$. In the email, they told me that I had until the 2022-11-29! I now I’ve just received an email that I was supposed to send it by today, which is way earlier! Fizz made a mistake and I don’t want to pay for it! Do I automatically pay the 225$ or is it possible to explain to someone that they made a mistake? I’ve put the proof of the email in this message. Thanks for the quick answer

*the email is in French but you can see that the date is 2022-11-29 which is clearly a mistake from their part…

Best Answer

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@maxo77

Hi, in Fizz policy the modem must be returned 15 days after unsubscribing:

“You have 15 days following the date you unsubscribe to return your Fizz Wi-Fi modem (and its power cable) to us. Failure to do so means you will be automatically charged the amount of $225, plus applicable taxes. If you are charged this amount but do end up sending us back the modem, then no worries, you will be automatically refunded. »

Also plan a refund of 4 to 6 weeks after the return of the device.

https://fizz.ca/en/en/faq/how-do-i-unsubscribe-from-fizz-home-internet number 2

The email you received was generated with a system bug. Unfortunately, even if there is a date error on the invoice, the system can automatically apply Fizz's rules, ie charge the $225 to your credit card since the modem has not been received by them and does not appear as such in your account. I strongly suggest that you return the modem as soon as possible and if the charge is already taken, you will be refunded upon receipt of the modem by Fizz. Keep your Canada Post return receipt until everything is settled and the refund has been posted to your account.

You can contact customer service and check with them what they can do to resolve the situation more quickly. Go to this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues

and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble with a question mark, to your right, click on it and then another click. You can chat with support

Answers

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭

This is definitely a typo.

I suggest you to contact customer support directly to fix this issue.

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭
    edited October 2022

just chat with them and send a screenshot

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin

Hello maxo77,

I am sorry to hear about this.  
    I can see the situation was already fixed and the modem was received.
    You have nothing to worry about. 

Have a good one,
    -Alex

This discussion has been closed.