Upgrade can't be removed

Options
luiz
luiz Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited October 2022 in About my account

I tried to remove an upgrade from my internet plan (so that I can put another one) and the system asked me to wait until the end of my billing cycle. No problem there. The issue is that the end of the billing cycle came and my upgrade was not removed. Instead, it asked me to wait until the next end of billing cycle. And then again. This is now the third billing cycle since I asked for it to be removed. And still waiting.

This must be a bug in the system. What can I do?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,216 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @luiz,

Sorry to hear about the situation you've encountered with the rewards system!

I've escalated a ticket to the technical team so they can check out why is your upgrade not removed when the new payment cycle comes into effect. As soon as we receive a resolution to the matter, we'll make sure to reach out to you by e-mail.

You can also track the progress of this ticket from your Fizz account under the "Overview" section, or "My Settings" -> "My tickets".

For future swaps between upgrades (regardless of plan), please try to click the upgrade that's available first, then choose "Apply" and then choose the one that you want to be replaced. 

More about the Rewards program can be found here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-do-i-receive-my-rewards-program

Thank you for your understanding! Have a great day ahead!

-Ionut

Answers

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

@luiz

Hi Luiz, have you checked the current speed in your internet plan? Possibly you couldn't update due to Fizz policies.

"Important: Any changes to your plan must therefore be submitted 108 hours (4.5 days) before the end of your current payment cycle to take effect at the start of your next payment cycle. If this deadline is not respected, you will not be able to modify your plan, and you will have to wait for the next payment cycle."

https://fizz.ca/en/plan-change-policy

It would be important to restart your modem for the first update to take place and check your speed.. And then wait at least a day for Fizz's system - in your account - to apply the changes. Then, you can make another change to your package as long as the 108-hour deadline is respected.

If after restarting and the time has changed, you still have the same problem, you will need to contact customer service who can help you. Open this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues

and just scroll down until you see the green bubble with a question mark which you click on, then a second click to start your session.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,490 ✭✭
    Options

I had a similar issue with my Mobile plan. I contacted customer support by chat and the agent was able to remove the upgrade. But as usual I had to wait until new billing cycle to have that slot to be available.

This discussion has been closed.