What’s the new SIM card doing different?

Zoulou
Zoulou Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2022 in My Mobile

How is the new SIM card different from the older one?

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,660 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi

You’re already using our ultrafast and vast LTE network when you use data with your mobile plan. The opportunity to use the LTE network for your calls means:   

• Improved sound quality for your calls.   
    • Faster routing of your calls, meaning the delay for the phone to ring at the other end will be shorter.
    The LTE function on your phone

Once your new VoLTE compatible SIM card is associated and activated with your Fizz plan, you’ll need to prepare your phone.

1. Check whether your phone is VoLTE certified on the Fizz network.

Some already are, others will be soon.

See the list

2. Install the manufacturer software update

Each manufacturer is managing their software rollout so their phone models are compatible with VoLTE. Manufacturers will be making a gradual rollout throughout the year.

Important: The delay to complete steps 1 and 2 will vary based on the model of your phone. Only when these steps are completed will you be able to go to step 3.

3. Activate the VoLTE function

In general, you must go under:

• Android:

Calls > (Three little dots) > Call settings

• Apple:

General > Cellular network > VoLTE

The phone uses the VoLTE when during a call the phone continues to display “LTE” in the right corner of the screen. You may need to restart it.

More information can be found in this posting from Fizz - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-volte-important

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,802 admin
    edited October 2022

Hello @Zoulou ,
    I hope this message finds you well. 

I can see that @PF_Ref_D2U9A  provided a detailed response on why the new SIM card is important, however, please note that all these options and improvements will be available in the near future, as of now, the VoLTE function was not fully implemented and it is still being worked on.

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu

This discussion has been closed.