My cable modem is disconnecting 10-15 times a day

Options
Hugh
Hugh Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Internet

Hello,

My service is unreliable. It was just connected a few weeks ago and the modem loses connection 10 to 15 times a day. It could be for two minutes, it could be for 10 minutues.

I am not a happy camper and I need for this to be fixed. It is NOT my computer. The two blue lights on the modem switch to green and then it struggles to get back online. I am certain this is all shown back at Fizz in the log file for my commection.

Seemingly even the online chat is with a robot. Can someone help me?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,177 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Hugh,
    I hope this message finds you well.

I'm sorry to hear that your connection is dropping every now and then and I can assure you that our customer service will be more than willing to help you. I would kindly suggest you to reach back to us, on any communication channel of your liking, and provide us with some more details. You can take a look at this FAQ to see how to contact us https://fizz.ca/en/support#gsc.tab=0

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu

Answers

• Alexsolo
    Alexsolo Posts: 708 ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

The online chat is a robot , after answering a few questions it will put you in a queue to talk to a human.

I've always had good results with the chat.

Alternatively, you can go to Fizz.ca -> Your account -> Settings -> Contact forms

• Hugh
    Hugh Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options

It seemed to me that the robot ended our chat. Now I can't get back in. I probably have to wait for a timer to time out. Who knows, it could be an hour, it could be a day. I am very dissatisfied.

• Alexsolo
    Alexsolo Posts: 708 ✭✭
    Options

There are other chat methods, you can send a private message via Facebook to the Fizz page. Fizz | Facebook

You can send a message via WhatsApp as well, +1 (438) 393-5814

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,481 ✭✭
    Options

Had the similar issue, modem was restarting quite often. Ended up with modem replacement.

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

@Hugh

Hi, have you tried factory setting the modem.

Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.

IMPORTANT: This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it#5

This might improve the situation. Hope your will be solved soon.

There may also be maintenance in some areas. Contact customer service, go to: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues and just scroll down until you see the green bubble with a question mark which you click on, then a second click to start your session. Chat is the faster way.

Once connected to the chat, you write that you want to speak to an advisor, and the 'chat' bot will tell you to wait for an advisor to be available. Wait and we will answer you.

• EricPD
    EricPD Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Options

Definitely try a factory reset first. It probably won't solve anything, but support won't do much until you tried it anyway.

This discussion has been closed.