Phone transfer issue

Options
Evaleo
Evaleo Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited October 2022 in My Mobile

Hi,

I sent a request for phone number transfer from Virgin to Fizz last night at 9pm. I only received the message asking me to confirm at 4am, while i was asleep. I therefore missed the 90min window to confirm. Fizz sent me an email asking me to try again or choose a new number, but when I try again I get a message telling me that the info is the same as the previous request (obviously) and to revise. Why? How can I send a new request for my phone number?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,150 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Evaleo,

Thank you for selecting to be a Fizz member!
    Please contact us in private and we will be able to retry the transfer from our end. We will need some information from you first.
    You can reach out to us following the steps from this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/support
    Also you can directly open our live chat from this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do .Once you are in the FAQ, scroll down a bit and click on the green bubble with a question mark that will pop-up. The green square with 3 dots that will reveal is our chat.

I am counting on your understanding and I wish you a great day,
    -Georgian

Answers

• Alexsolo
    Alexsolo Posts: 708 ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @Evaleo , Hi!
    The transfer authorization is key. Activation: How do I transfer my current phone number to Fizz? | Fizz

The transfer authorization request is a text message sent by your current provider to the current user of the phone number to confirm their wish to transfer the phone number over to Fizz.

Failure to reply “YES” to the transfer authorization request by the set deadline means that your request to transfer your number over to Fizz will be automatically cancelled. If you haven't received the transfer authorization request by text, you must contact your current provider directly.

-------------------

You will need to contact Telus to authorize the transfer.

This discussion has been closed.