I have access to internet but...

Options
Justin L. #18418
Justin L. #18418 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Internet

The two other computers and devices in our home have lost connection to the network, is this on Fizz's end? It's been working fine for years. today suddenly only the main computer connected to the router works.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,193 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Justin L. #18418 ,

Sorry to hear about the situation encountered.

Your modem`s signals are looking quite great, but you have some connection issues on the 2,4 Ghz band due to too many devices connected on that band.

I advise you to disable the band steering by following these steps :

1. Log in at: 192.168.0.1 from the web browser of any device.

2. Log in using the following information:

Username: cusadmin

Password: xxxxxxxx (Password you chose during initial setup)

3. Go to the next section to apply changes:

Wireless → General Settings → 5GHz → Band Steering (Disable)

Save your changes and rename the bands also.

Connect the high usage devices on the 5Ghz band and your low usage devices on the 2,4 Ghz band, then test the services for 24 hours.

A bit more details can be found here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

If you still have issues, reach our colleagues on Live chat so they can further assist on this matter.

Have a good one,

-Raul

Answers

• vanigh
    vanigh Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Options

Is the working computer connected to the Fizz Modem/router by RJ45 cable? if yes the router's WiFi function stopped working, known issue with this type of router, try to unplug it for few minutes, plug it back again it will rebout, see if it solves the issue.

Most of us who have this type of WiFi problems with this supplied modem/router bought own routers and connected it to the Fizz modem in bridge mode, there's how to on Fizz help site.

You can buy a very good used 2 - 3 year old router on the internet from a reputable seller for cheap.

google the internet for good strong signal routers.

• DavidFizz
    DavidFizz Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Options

When I encounter the same problem, I use the method Vanigh mentioned. I unplug the Fizz Modem/router, plug it back again. By doing that it reboots and it solves the issue.

This discussion has been closed.