Hi you network doesn’t work at all in USA

Options
Denis S. 29710
Denis S. 29710 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2022 in My Mobile

Hi you network doesn’t work at all in USA i pay for nothing????

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,177 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Denis S. 29710 ,

Sorry to hear about the situation encountered.

Please note that our partner networks in USA have removed the 3G component on their side.

You should have your Data working in the LTE network mode and to make calls and send / receive texts you should use the 2G network mode, whilst roaming also in USA.

Since the switch won`t be done automatically, you will have to set the network mode each time according to your needs.

Be sure that your roaming is turned ON and that you are connected to either AT&T or T-Mobile.

If you have issues using the services, please reach our colleagues on Live chat following these details : https://fizz.ca/en/support so they can assist further.

Be sure that you are logged to your Fizz account before accessing this link and that you start browsing the FAQ`s so the chat bubble appears at the bottom of the page.

Thank you for your understanding.

-Raul

Answers

• Olic
    Olic Posts: 819 ✭✭
    Options

LTE is working...

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-do-some-calls-and-texts-when-us-not-work

And, it's still working for calls on 2g, but, it's not official.

• FizzyWizz
    FizzyWizz Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Options

Some have reported success when using the VoLTE sim card, but seems to be hit or miss...

• uzedia
    uzedia Posts: 1,191 ✭✭
    Options

Thid is what FB support told me. I wonder however how this reimbursement will be done.

"I would like to inform you that if you place a call using WhatsApp or any other communication channels that use data you will only consume the data available on your plan. 

If your plan includes calls and texts, and USA coverage you will be reimbursed for not being able to use these two features due to the 3G network being withdrawn from our partner network in the US."

• FizzyWizz
    FizzyWizz Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Options

Maybe you will be reimbursed for the 4$ it costs to add USA coverage ?

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 807 ✭✭
    Options

@Denis S. 29710

If you are still in the USA, try this. Make sure roaming is enabled.

Go to Connections>>Mobile networks>> and do a network search. You should see T-Mobile or AT&T or both.

Here's a sample display:

If you want data connection, you can choose AT&T or T- Mobile, which one works.

If you want calls, your only choice is T-Mobile.

Verizon and Sprint usually don't work, they are CDMA whereas Fizz is GSM.

If you have completed your call, and want to go to data, you may have to put your phone in airplane mode 20 seconds in order to get T-Mobile's 4G LTE.

If T-Mobile's 4G LTE won't stay on, you can try AT&T if it works.

The last option is to lock in 4G LTE. Let me know if this is required (works for Android).

You can also check a recent post " No LTE in USA"

As long as Fizz has not launched VoLTE, phone calls and data may be more complicated.

• magic_channel
    magic_channel Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options

Im was using TExt Now for calls and sms. LTE was working ok .

This discussion has been closed.