Why is my internet not working and support ignoring me

Options
Anto5655
Anto5655 Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Internet

My internet hasn't worked for 3 hours, the modem shows a blinking "downstream", sometimes blinking 2.4 and 5g and no @ light. I tried to contact support on messenger and on the website, but they both said we will transfer you and never did. Please help me

Best Answers

• Olic
    Olic Posts: 819 ✭✭
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

You don't seem to have a signal. If you haven't done anything at home, chances are the problem isn't inside your home. And therefore, that it will resolve itself if it affects a lot of people in your sector.

Otherwise, you will have to keep trying to reach the Fizz people to get an appointment with a technician. The chat seems to be working, but it takes a long time to get an answer, you have to leave it open for a long time. Maybe try a private tab in your browser?

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,207 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Anto5655  ,

Following the verification in your account I see that the appointment was set.
    We remain available 24/7 so in case of any other questions, you can contact us anytime following the steps from this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/support
    T
    hank you for your kind patience.

Have a great day,
    -Georgian

Answers

• Anto5655
    Options

@ah727 can you help plz

• Anto5655
    Options

@swatt please help

• Olic
    Olic Posts: 819 ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, the support is sometimes a bit long to respond, especially on social media, but, by chat, things have been better for a while.They shouldn't ignore you, but they may be overwhelmed.

With the symptoms you describe, there is possibly a problem in your sector. Do you have neighbors with Fizz, Videotron or a reseller that uses the Videotron network? If so, you could check to see if they too are down. If so, the service will return on its own. Otherwise, there are those usual things :

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-modem-connected-cable-my-connection-keeps-cutting-out-how-do-i-fix

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi @Anto5655, here is a help page at number 2:

1. Unplug the power cable on your Wi-Fi modem.
    2. Make sure all the lights on the modem are off once you have unplugged it.
    3. Wait ten (15) seconds.
    4. Plug your modem back into the electrical outlet. Expect a three (3) minute delay to allow your devices to reconnect to the Wi-Fi network and internet with cable.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it to restart your modem.

At number 5, if the problem persists, reset your modem to factory settings. This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds. Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).

If the problem continues, you can contact again Fizz customer service. Go to: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble with a question mark, you can chat with support.

• Anto5655
    Options

I tried factory reset the modem, the lights are still doing the same thing. I don't know anyone that lives near me with those providers either. At this point what can I do?

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 807 ✭✭
    Options

Make sure your coax cable is tighly screwed in.

Power off. Wait a couple of minutes.

Power on wait 3 minutes.

To see if your router is connecting to the internet, if you could connect a laptop to one of the network ports, and see if you get internet connection. If you can't get network connection on your laptop, maybe there's a problem with your internet supply.

I'm not an expert on these issues because my router has worked flawlessly since 3 years.

Hope you will solve the problem.

• Anto5655
    Options

Thank you all for your help, I have contacted a kind member of staff who will send a technician. He also told me that I could ask members of the community for cellphone data on a forum so I will try that while waiting for them to fix it, because I am almost out of mobile internet! Thanks again to you all

This discussion has been closed.