Not able to transfer fizz # to another company

Roxanne C. #36783
Roxanne C. #36783 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited September 2022 in My Mobile

Hi,

I have been trying for 2 weeks to have my fizz number transfer with Rogers since Fizz does not provide the USA/CAN package anymore.

However, Rogers is having trouble proceeding with the transfer. I received the text message and confirm that I agree with the transfer, but Rogers seem to need either a 12 digit number or my account password. I don't have any account number with 12 digits and the the password I gave them is marked as wrong but I use it everyday to connect to my account.

I simply want to transfer number and I have spent over 4 hours total on the phone only for this.

Please help me resolve this, I am about to lose my shit.

Thanks,

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,373 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Roxanne C. #36783 

Indeed, the account numbers are 8 digits, not 12.
    As Olic  said, you can either use the Fizz account number or the IMEI of the phone used at us, which is a 15 digits number. You can find it if you dial *#06# on your phone’s keyboard.

Following the verifications in your account, I see that you were able to transfer your number.
    I am sorry that you selected to leave us, however we respect your decision. Keep in mind that the SIM can be reused, so you should keep it in case you will select to join us back someday.

Have a great day,
    -Georgian

Answers

• Olic
    Olic Posts: 822 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

Look at :

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/unsubscribe

Number 2 :

Your new provider will ask you to identify your Fizz plan to confirm your number transfer. Before you call your new provider, have the following information handy:

• Your Fizz account number: To find your account number, go to My Plan, then go in Manage. Beneath your telephone number you’ll see your 8 digits account ID starting by 2 or 3...
    • OR The IMEI number for the last phone you used with your Fizz plan: This is your phone’s identity card; it also allows us to identify your plan. Your IMEI number can be found by dialing *#06# in your phone’s keypad.

The account number are 8 digits at Fizz, not 12... Rogers asks for something that does not exist!

But, if you get the SMS, I think that Rogers must be able to process :|

This discussion has been closed.