Intermittent home internet connection

Options
axmo
axmo Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Internet

Hello, my home internet has had intermittent connection issues for a few days now. Internet mostly works, but on Teams calls audio and video will drop out very frequently. Worked flawlessly for months beforehand. Using wired Ethernet rather than Wifi has not helped. Affects all connected devices at once.

Can I schedule an appointment for someone to come check the drop?

Thank you.

Note also: the Fizz iMessages support app seems to be broken. It replies with a message saying to “Tap here to view the list picker”, but as it is just a normal message, no amount of tapping will ever bring up whatever this “List Picker” is supposed to be.

Website Chat option was stuck at number 23 in queue for 15 minutes, which at that rate would mean keeping the site open on my phone for 6 hours waiting for a response…

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,213 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @axmo ,

Sorry to hear about the situation encountered.

I observed that you managed to reach our colleagues on Live chat, but you disconnected after he gave you a few manipulations.

In your case, please make sure that the outlet and the coaxial cable are not damaged in any way. If you have the possibility to test the coaxial cable into another coaxial outlet, kindly do that. ( test the modem without a power cord and in a new power outlet also )

Also resetting the modem to factory settings might help as a last resort. Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it as more details can be found here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-install-my-wi-fi-modem

Do reach us back on Live chat if you still have issues.

Regarding your last question, you can simply fill a complaint via your account in My settings - Contact forms - Submit a complaint.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good one,

-Raul

Answers

This discussion has been closed.