New SIM card for VoLTE not working

Eric107
Eric107 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in My Mobile

Hi,

I just ordered and activated the new SIM card which supports VoLTE but it still downgraded to 3G when I made a phone call.

I am using an iPhone 11 and have enabled VoLTE in settings.

What else should I do or I have to wait for something ?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,377 admin
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Hello Eric107,

Thank you for being part of the Fizz community!
    Indeed, as some members said, the VoLTE services don't work at the moment since we didn't released yet the VoLTE service on our networks.
    First we need to make sure that every Fizz member has a compatible SIM and before the end of the year the services will be available as well. Now it is normal to still make calls using 3G even if you enable the VoLTE option on your phone.
    You can find more information in this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-volte-important

I am counting on your understanding and I wish you a great day,
    -Georgian

Answers

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 819 ✭✭

@Eric107

Same thing with my Samsung A52 5G. I think something is still missing before VoLTE works

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

Probably because they have not yet activated it on their network. Think about it. They cannot really do this now as many customers do not have a VoLTE SIM card yet. Once all customers have received their SIM card, they will probably switch over

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 819 ✭✭

@StefanM

I've heard a few people have confirmed doing VoLTE calls, mainly new iPhone users and very few Android phone users (Xiaomi, to name one) in greater Montreal or Quebec city vicinity. Maybe these users are allowed VoLTE for testing purposes.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

Probably. I imagine they are testing it with a small number of people first to see how it works. I have an iPhone and it still switches to 3G whenever I call

• JeanVizz
    JeanVizz Posts: 86 ✭✭

@Eric107

It's normal, VoLTE is not activated yet.

This discussion has been closed.