APN selection settings hidden as I change carriers

Options
Luciddreamer
Luciddreamer Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited September 2022 in My Mobile

Hello,

I am a long time user of Fizz. I moved from Quebec to the USA. I had to change carriers, as Fizz's policy does not allow for long term stays outside Canada. I bought a new SIM card and activated it with US Mobile. I need to enter new APN settings manually as I use LTE technology. However, my APN settings on my Android S7 phone are locked, and I cannot select the APN I want. I am able to create new APNs but never select them. A message displays "Unable to view the APN settings. Access is restricted from the current user profile". From what I understand, no one else but the carrier is able to lock these settings. I have tried everything to bypass this but rooting my phone, which is highly dangerous. Fizz, please unlock my phone...

Best Answer

Answers

• Motr3
    Motr3 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Options

Nop "user profile" is definitely a phone setting.

Just check again, last resort you can Factory reset your phone it should fix it.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,515 admin
    Options

Hello Luciddreamer,

Thank you for being our member.
    As Motr3  and PF_Ref_D2U9A  said, the best option would be to factory reset your phone. Fizz never locks their phones or SIMs so you don't have to worry about this.
    In case the phone is purchased from someone else and there is indeed something locked, please contact them and let them know about this situation. However, first try the factory reset.

I am counting on your understanding and I wish you a great day,
    -Georgian

This discussion has been closed.