Is anyone else's internet down in the NDG area of Montréal?

Options
Cece
Cece Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Internet

I was having issues last night and this morning. Both fizz and videotron say there are no outages, but I can't contact anyone at fizz - still waiting for anyone to respond to my chat question 😞

Best Answers

• Laura C. #34132
    Laura C. #34132 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

we are in the NDG area and internet is down as well. We can connect to the modem but no internet connection

• felixherve
    felixherve Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Same here, since last night. It's coming up and down, and is very slow when it is up. I thought my wifi might be at fault, but the speed test shows that the connection from the internet to the modem is 1 mbps down, and the modem to my device is 255 mbps down, so it seems to be on their end. I also switched DNS, since that was the issue with the last big outage, but that did not seem to help.

Answers

• Cece
    Cece Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you! Fizz has still not responded to my message, and videotron won't even tell me if there are outages in the area without an account number...

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,345 admin
    Options

Hello Cece,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your account and I can see that one of my colleagues informed you that there were some maintenance works carried out in your area.
    I can see that you have contacted us on social media and I kindly inform you that Facebook Messenger is not a real-time communication channel and as such, our responses may arrive with a short delay in relation to your questions.
    At this time, I can suggest you check the light "@" of your modem from time to time and if it is blinking, your connection was restored and you will need to electrically restart the modem once more.

To restart your modem, you just have to unplug the power cord from the modem's back, wait for 30 seconds then plug it back in.
    Here you can see the steps to restart: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-connected-my-device-using-network-cable-i-still-have-no-connection-internet-how-do-i-fix-it

Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good one!
    -Eugen

This discussion has been closed.