Why is international coverage so awful

scarkner
scarkner Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in My Mobile

Myself and my family have now gone to several states in the USA, to italy, London and Paris. Our phones consistently have good signal strength. But WOW the services are glitchy (and I know Fizz is going to blame everyone else, but I never had this issue when I was on Rogers and my spouse was on Bell - those were rock solid).

Fizz KNOWS this is a problem - I got this email when I laned in the USA: Since the end of February 2022, our U.S. partners are phasing out the network used for calls and texts. The situation changes every day and only once on site is it possible to see if they are available in a given area. 

So you are charging me money to USA roaming coverage, charging me money in my wallet for attempted phone calls, basically promising international services that don't exist and you are leaving me in a dangerous position where my children can't call me if they get lost.

So unless there is some rock-solid reason why things aren't working, I am leaving Fizz and making sure to warn everyone I know that your services ONLY work in Canada.

So my question: Why is international coverage so awful and when will it be fixed?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,815 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @scarkner ,

Sorry to hear about the situation encountered!

It would be best to contact us back on Live chat to try to investigate the situation further when you are roaming outside your coverage zone.

For the United States, the 3G component has been removed thus you won`t be able to make /receive calls or send / receive texts , however you can swap to a 2G network mode as the calls do work in some USA regions.

Regarding the coverage, the Data still works in USA , but if you do not wish to pay for it please adjust your plan by following the details found here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-change-my-mobile-plan and also regarding the wallet funds, I can see that they are intact as you have not used them.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good one,

-Raul :)

Answers

• scarkner

Follow up: If situation is not being fixed, then I want a refund for services not delivered.

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,645 ✭✭

Hi

They Said that in the last day of june

Be advised. As of July 2022, only the LTE data network will be available in the United States. You will not be able to make or receive calls and text messages. Learn more

source https://fizz.ca/en/coverage

• scarkner

Yet they will continue to charge for the service...

This discussion has been closed.