Can't receive or send text messages

Options
Lucas D. #20813
Lucas D. #20813 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in My Mobile

Hi there,

My phone won't allow me to receive or send text messages unless through wifi using iMessage. My plan includes unlimited messaging, my phone has enough space and the latest software is installed. Wondering how to fix these. Please help.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Lucas D. #20813,
    I am sorry to hear that you encounter this situation,
    It looks like you have an iPhone and your friends are sending you iMessages. (they appear blue when you receive or send them)
    The iMessage feature works with data or with a connection to WiFi. 
     Make sure that the people that send you messages are sending the normal ones. A normal message on your iPhone will appear green.
    Your plan is in good standing from my verification, however, you do not have data left in your plan. ( so you will not receive iMessages without an internet connection)

Now, if an android user sends you a message, you should receive it normally. 
    You can turn off iMessage by following these steps: Go to settings> Messages> toggle Sent as SMS switch to ON. 
    Also, if you type your text, you can tap and hold on it and you can send it as a normal message (the phone probably prioritizes the iMessages) and it is a feature that you need to control from your own device.

If you are still not receiving text messages, you can try some troubleshooting steps from this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-cant-send-or-receive-text-messages

If you encunter any trouble, please reach us in private. 
    Thank you for your understanding!
    I wish you a great day!
    -Eugen

Answers

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭
    Options

Make sure you have the right config for sms.

• Lucas D. #20813
    Lucas D. #20813 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

The above keeps saying "error processing request", but messages seem to be going through now. Wondering if there was an outage. Also was only able to send messages if I added data to my account, but again this shouldn't apply to text messages as I'm on an unlimited messaging plan. A little pissed because now I'm out of data for the month because FIZZ has been using data for all messaging that hasn't been done through iMessage or while I'm not connected to Wifi. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

This discussion has been closed.