Since 17 days. No sms no data

Options
Fethi H.
Fethi H. Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in My Mobile

Fizz customer service doesn't help. don't see anything related to you except payment and activity. Nothing else.

I just had a 1day late payment. My sim card was deactivated. After payment next day no more sms no more data. Simply sim card doesn't connect to the network.

Since 17 days tickets not updated. Customer service keep sending emails saying everything is ok. But they don't go out do tests. Don't provide any solution. Don't care.

My wife bought a new sim card for another number. Activation done but no network registration. No solution.

Why we pay and don't get service nor refund.

Fizz has a lot of issue but don't report service shortage. They are more perfect than Rogers bell videotron..

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,213 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Fethi H.

Sorry to hear about the situation encountered.

I've noticed you haven't answered the e-mails you've received from us. It is important to keep the conversation in one place, so we can keep better track of it.

Also, given that this is a public discussion, it's better to not share information related to your account specifically, for privacy reasons, hence I recommend that you either contact us in private or reply to the e-mails you've received from us. I will close this post as this issue should be discussed and solved in private.

This is not the experience we want for our customers, and I can assure you that we'll get to the end of it.

If you'd like to learn more about how the community works, I kindly invite you to access our dedicated FAQ page at: https://fizz.ca/en/community-user-guidelines.

Thank you for your understanding! Have a nice day.

-Ionut

Answers

• Fethi H.
    Options

I tried everything. The issue is coming from fizz as the sim card was working well and no changes made to the phone.

The problem is related to fizz processing of reactivation of sim cards. It's Thiers problem but don't see it.

Even you buy a new sim card and activate it you will have same issue.

It's clear that fizz is just an MVNO second hand service provider.

Fizz don't spend money on technical issues. Don't care about few customers suffering. Don't invest. Don't investigate. Put responsibilities on your provider. Wait and keep waiting until every customer leave your sub network

• Fethi H.
    Options

No comment

• Fethi H.
    Options

Fizz

Don't close this post

Let others write comments and report Thiers same issues.

It's not fair . You put your official comment as ticket opened or contact us and close the post to not let us inform if situation resolved or we already left the network unsatisfied

Fizz be honnest

• Fethi H.
    Options

Update.

Today 18th day. 9am50 I receive an email from fizz stating that the issue has been resolved. (Used to get similar emails from customer service supposing that it's resolved ... Unprofessional)

Tried again. I am getting LTE+ SMS MMS working. No call service subscription in my plan.

This prove that the issue was on the side of fizz at reactivation processing level.

I requested detail of the nature of fizz issue to decide if I can relay on web two factors authentification on the sms service.

I don't know if it was only related to my case.

A refund of whole month payment was issued by fizz few minutes later.

Fizz be more clear and explain clearly what was wrong in this post.

I will test my wife sim card if working as she bought replacement sim card and paid whole month than wasn't able to port out her number that she use for two factors authentification and is not able to change the number in some web sites

• Fethi H.
    Options

2nd update.

Everything is perfect with my sim card.

But

My wife new sim card that she bought because she lost the phone with old sim card, is not working since two weeks.

The sim card can't register to 3G or LTE

Fizz or EXT fizz network.

Also doesn't show it's number in the phone sim details.

Activation was done correctly on our side but there is an issue on fizz sim activation process.

She paid for a whole month and all last months before. paid for the sim card $17. Can't port out the number don't get any service.

3 tickets opened . No update. Fizz doesn't follow. Customer service blind on this matter.

I am not sure fizz has a technical service else such issues can't happen and take weeks.

Really disapointing

• Fethi H.
    Options

Fizz

Don't close this post

Let others write comments and report Thiers same issues.

It's not fair . You put your official comment as ticket opened or contact us and close the post to not let us inform if situation resolved or we already left the network unsatisfied

Fizz be honnest

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Options

I try to understand your wife's problem. Is it that she can't access data? You need to change your SIM card in your Fizz profile in order for the system to transfer the account onto the new SIM card. Just purchasing a new card will not make the transfer effective...

• Fethi H.
    Options

She has only voice. The plan paid and active. She bought a sim. Activated it keeping the old number in the account as she reported old one lost.

The sim has assigned number the old number in the account.

The sim doesn't register or connect to any fizz network.

It's fizz issue. They don't recognize and keep telling plan active by low level customers service agents who works as reboots with same models emails. Not able to investigate except ability to check if the plan paid and active .

Most of the time don't report to high level managers or technical service if exist.

They don't assume responsibility to close tickets as they are not sure about Thiers suppositions on issues

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your situation, as the problem seems to be with Fizz servers.

Did you reset the APN settings? There is a procedure here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn

There is a small possibility that the old SIM card settings are the ones the phone are recognizing, creating a conflict between the phone and the new SIM card. Resetting APN settings would likely solve this issue.

If this doesn't work, I wish you good luck and maybe more qualified people on the forum will further help you...

• Fethi H.
    Options

Doomdroo. I appreciate your help. Thanks. Best wishes for you.

The issue persiste and the customers service agents go blinds don't help just send emails saying plan active ,,(means money is going. The number too if you don't keep paying for no service)

They are not smart else they ask for the sim card code to try check it.

The prove is that they don't check this forum and leave us alone whole the issues are at high level.

Customer service team must go professional and don't stress customers with obsolete emails and false statement without being sure

This discussion has been closed.