Internet down again...still can't access chat

Options
Blitzen
Blitzen Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Internet

So a technician came in early this week to fix our recurring internet issues. He changed the entire coax cable from our house to the box and said it had been eaten through and that we would be good to go now. The internet is down again today and I still can't access chat. Unbelievable....

Best Answer

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Blitzen

Here's a list of the lights of your Wi-Fi modem and the different possible states:

IMPORTANT: If all Wi-Fi modem LEDs are off, it may be a simple power supply issue.

Make sure the power cable is securely connected at both ends.

If it is plugged in using an extension cord, remove it completely. The same advice applies if the modem’s power cable is plugged into a multi-outlet.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it

• Blitzen
    Options

The @ light is off and yes I've unplugged and replugged twice this AM.

• Blitzen
    Options

This is easily the worst service I've ever had. If they don't respond quick, I'm calling a competitor cause it can't be worse than this.

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Blitzen

What the @ LED tells you is that your modem is not currently connected to the Fizz network. So it is possible that it's simply a temporary unavailability precisely in your area. However, you'll need to contact the Fizz's support team directly to inquire about this situation in order to correct it.

• Blitzen
    Options

Thanks but I know all of that already.

They just told me on Messenger that the service is down for repairs in my area even if the Status of Service says everything is fine. They could have advised us of the repair work so we don't waste time.

• Blitzen
    Options

Looks like it's finally back....hopefully the periodic outages will stop now.

Funny though: when I asked the Fizz agent why they don't give us a head's up for planned maintenance outages, he responded: because no one told us either. I guess Videotron keeps them in the dark too.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,101 admin
    Options

Hi Blitzen,

Thank you for the post.
    Following the verifications I saw that you contacted us in private and my colleagues provided you a bit more information related to the maintenance that was in progress at that moment.

I am more than happy to see that the services restored fast. Please feel free to contact us whenever you have a question or an issue, contact us from this link: https://fizz.ca/en/support
    Thank you for your kind understanding.

Have a good one 😊
    -Georgian

This discussion has been closed.