Modem Hitron random reboots in the past week

Mcklain
Mcklain Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Internet

I am writing here since chat support will not help me with my problem.

Got random WAN diconnects (1-2x a day) for the past week.

Hitron has been reset with pin and also from Fizz support directly.

Lost 5-6 hours with chat support and clearly the people you chat with have no idea what they are talking about (clearly they are not tech support)

Last chat session of 100 minutes ended with Fizz telling me to reset with pin AGAIN!! This is ridiculous. We already tried that and the problem is still there.

I have my own router plugged into lan port of the Hitron.

The hitron is not bridged (and this is the way I want it)

When the internet disconnects my local network still works since all my local network is plugged into my own router and not the Hitron (local network works but of course internet wont work).

When the problem occurs the internet cuts, I immedialy connect to the Hitron web interface to check status, then after internet cuts, 2-3 min after the Hitron modem reboots on its own. Then after another 4-5 minutes internet comes back up and I can see the WAN AND LAN uptime on the hitron interface has been reset to 0 minutes.

Its clearly a hardware problem from the Hitron.

Fizz wont do anything about it and give me wrong solution to buy time and make me not contact them anyone.

They give me solutions like: I see that youre wifi is not activated, you need to active it....

I tell them that I never talked to you about wifi at all... why are you talking to me about wifi. (I use the wifi on my own equipement so its normal that the hitron wifi is disabled)

Whats that got to do with me initial problem??? I have no idea.

I tried asking them yo speak withh a supervisor and they refuse.

This is by far one of the worst service I have ever had.

Last conversation ended with Fizz telling me I would be contacted by e-mail in 24-48 hrs!!

Unacceptable.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Mcklain ,

Sorry to hear that you had issues with the services!

I tried to verify your account but it looks like you already unsubscribed and you also refused a technician visit.

While we are sad to see you go, we hope you may return another time!

Have a good one,

-Raul

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@Mcklain

Hi,

in this particular case, you should use the option to submit a complaint to a supervisor. To be able to do this, go to your Fizz account, under: My settings, and then select Contact forms.

• Mcklain
    Mcklain Posts: 3 ✭✭

Already did this.

This discussion has been closed.