What do I do if the Sim card I bought is outdated

Options
ah727
ah727 Posts: 805 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in My Mobile

FIZZ users are purchasing a VoLTE Sim card at Couche-tard stores. There is not really any way to check if it's the new Sim card since the packing is sealed and they Come back home with an old Sim card. How do they get reimbursement.

Best Answer

• Fizzaddict
    Fizzaddict Posts: 240 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The new VoLTE SIM is free of charge so no problem, they will receive a free one soon

Answers

• Thanh T. #69
    Thanh T. #69 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options

Is it possible my SIM card also outdated. I bought long time ago 6m maybe

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭
    Options

So couche tard still selling old cards. That's not fair @Whizz .

• ah727
    Options

@Ihssan yes, that's unfortunate and the packaging is same for new or old cards, so some people bought the card thinking it's the new card, but no it's still the old card. And the package is sealed.

• ah727
    Options

@Thanh T. #69 Check to see if your Sim card has a red lightning bolt on it. If it's yes, you have an updated VoLTE compatible Sim card. If not, Fizz will probably get in touch with you shortly to provide a new Sim card free of charge.

• Jean P. 4852
    Jean P. 4852 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

Don't understand why an existing customer would take a chance at Couche-Tard when you can order a SIM on the website, guaranteed to be V2, and delivered to you within days.

Then when you activate it via chat (only way to activate a replacement SIM card apparently, why the chat pops up when you try to do it online) ask to be refunded the $15+ tax (since they would eventually be sending you a free v2 replacement for your v1 SIM) which they will do. Just did this process a couple of days ago and already got the credit.

Why would you even try Couche-Tard, what I am missing?

• ah727
    Options

@Jean P. 4852 Some people need the new Sim card now, because they are going to the states very soon

This discussion has been closed.