Technician told me I needed to contact customer service, I did but my wifi still doesn't work

Options
Co_Ra_Lee
Co_Ra_Lee Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Internet

This is probably my worst experience with any telecom company ever...

I waited all day (I had the 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM timeslot and the technician came around 4:00 PM) and had to miss a day of work (I work from home) for this. Only to be told to contact customer service by chat... after waiting an hour or so... I was told it was activated on their end only to disconnect my hotspot (thus disconnecting with the agent on the chat) to test the wifi... It still doesn't work!

The only reason I have not switched to virgin mobile is because I still have hope that fixing this will be faster than waiting for an appointment with a real person on monday...

I've tried everything, disconnecting the modem, resetting it, I am truly at a loss. Anyone know what to do in this situation?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,509 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Co_Ra_Lee,
    I am really sorry for the situation encountered,
    We are noticing a much higher than normal volume of contacts. In part, due to the moving season.
    Fizz apologizes for the inconvenience this may be causing you.

I can see that you have reached our customer services team and they have reactivated the service at your new location. I kindly advise you to continue the conversation there in case you encounter any more issues.

In case it is not working still, you can restart the modem by following these steps: 
    To restart your modem, you just have to unplug the power cord from the modem's back, wait for 30 seconds then plug it back in.
    Here you can see the steps to restart: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good one!
    -Eugen

Answers

This discussion has been closed.