As of July 2022, you will not be able to make or receive calls and text messages in the USA?

Options
Camilo
Camilo Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in My Mobile

Hi, my husband and I live in Canada and joined Fizz to get a plan so we can stay long periods of time un USA using unlimited calls and text messages Canada-USA, also internet.

I received an email on June the 30th that saids:

( As of July 2022, only the LTE data network will be available in the United States. You will not be able to make or receive calls and text messages. )

Does that mean that we wont have that service in the end?

Best,

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,102 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Camilo,
    I am sorry for this situation,
    While you are in the USA, you will be able to use just your mobile data. As the last partner there disabled the 3G networks, you will not be able to use your calls and SMS while you are traveling.
    Your mobile data will still be used without any issues. 
    More details can be found here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-do-some-calls-and-texts-when-us-not-work
    Also, you will still be able to call someone that is in the USA while you are in Canada. ( the user must not be with Fizz though). 
    Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good one!
    -Eugen

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Camilo

At the moment is not clear, someone reported that using a SIM released after sept. 2021are able to use it in the state.

However, from the Fizz message, it seems that we cannot.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Other means of contact

This discussion has been closed.