Changed phone, but old one still shows in Fizz portal (now with new user's number)

Options
Jacques_Assert
Jacques_Assert Posts: 159 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in My Mobile

I bought a new phone and gave my old one to another Fizz user.

They set their phone up (with their old SIM card) without a problem.

I also set up my new phone (with my old SIM card) without a problem expect that Fizz reported a phone number off on one digit. Otherwise, the phone works and shows the correct CallerID.

But MY Fizz Portal shows the old phone IMEI plus the new user's phone number.

Their Fizz Portal shows the identical information. As if two accounts own the same phone and number. On the other hand, my Fizz Portal does not show my new phone AT ALL (though it works).

Note that it's not just stale information. I see the (new) phone number of the other user listed with my (old) phone. So that phone number has migrated from their account to mine.

Has anyone else encountered this issue when changing a phone and passing on the old one?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,142 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Jacques_Assert,
    I am sorry for that situation, 
    If you encounter this issue, I advise you to reach us in private. You can contact us via chat, social media or email. 
    I can't see that information in this account you have linked to this one. 
    You mentioned in a previous post that you have multiple accounts. 
    If you want, you can share the email address with me in a private message here as well and I will have a look at it.
    However, I recommend that you go through customer service, as you will receive a faster reply there. 
    Here is a link to our forms of contact: https://fizz.ca/en/support
    To contact us, you can go to any FAQ, find the "?", click on it> then choose the way of contact that best suits you.
    Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good one!
    -Eugen

This discussion has been closed.