Recently moved

Options
JRaeA
JRaeA Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Internet

Hello! A technician came to set up my modem after I moved, but the arrows on it are continously blinking (for several days) and I'm connected without internet. Help plz.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,209 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello JRaeA,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,  
    I have verified your account and I can see that you managed to get help from our customer support team on Twitter.
    You confirmed that the services are working. 
    The issue was solved with a remote manipulation done from our end that reestablished the connection. 
    Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen

Answers

• Fizzaddict
    Fizzaddict Posts: 240 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

@JRaeA Hi Can you please check your status in your account to see if your plan is active ?

You can try this and if this does not work then you need to contact Fizz by chat by clicking on the green ? that will appear when clicking on this link

Make sure your Fizz Home Internet plan has been activated
    1. To verify that your plan has been activated:
    2. Log into your account and go to My plans.
    4. Even if your plan hasn’t been activated, your Wi-Fi modem may be broadcasting but you will not be able to access the internet.
    Restart your Wi-Fi modem
    2. Unplug the power cable on your Wi-Fi modem.
    3. Make sure all the lights on the modem are off once you have unplugged it.
    4. Wait ten (10) seconds.
    5. Plug your modem back into the electrical outlet. Expect a three (3) minute delay to allow your devices to reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.
    7. Recommendation: It is more effective to restart your Wi-Fi modem by unplugging its power cable instead of pressing its power button.
    Check the status of the LEDs on your Wi-Fi modem
    1. A list of the lights of your Wi-Fi modem and the different possible states:
    1. IMPORTANT: If all Wi-Fi modem LEDs are off, it may be a simple power supply issue.

2. Make sure the power cable is securely connected at both ends.

3. If it is plugged in using an extension cord, remove it completely. The same advice applies if the modem’s power cable is plugged into a multi-outlet.
    Could the issue be the consequence of a recent change?
    1. A malfunctioning Wi-Fi network could be caused by one of the two (2) types of following changes:
    3. A. A change in your connections:
    • Power cord
    • Coaxial cable (with the screw-in end)
    • Network cable (if your device is connected to the Wi-Fi modem with a RJ45 network cable)
    1. Even if nothing has been touched recently or everything seems well-connected, check each of the connections listed above.
    3. IMPORTANT: These cables must be well connected at both ends. 
    5. B. A change to your Wi-Fi modem’s settings, such as:
    • Changes to the password, network name, etc.
    • Changes to the channel, ports, IP parameters or DHCP, etc.
    • Changed parental controls, encryption, etc.
    2. If the malfunctioning of your modem matches with changes made to the parameters here above, you may need to reset your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings to resolve this issue.
    Restore your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings
    1. IMPORTANT: This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).
    3. Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.
    4. Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.
    6. Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

• JRaeA
    JRaeA Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Amazing, thanks so much!

This discussion has been closed.