Phoning and texting in the US

Esciacca
Esciacca Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in My Mobile

I just got an email that as of July only the LTE data network will be available in the US, does this mean I cannot make or receive calls, or texts, even though my plan is the Canada-US coverage?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello to you all.

I can understand that the situation is not simple and pleasant enough for our users, however, I can give you the visibility regarding the situation with the calls/SMS in USA. Fizz is using partner networks in the US and as our partners have withdrawn 3G, we had to follow the same path.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Have a nice day,

Alexandra

Answers

• BEBE
    BEBE Posts: 128 ✭✭

wow. i did not get any email. can you post the whole email ?

• Esciacca

Here's the email I received

• Chana C.
    Chana C. Posts: 11 ✭✭

This makes me so upset

One of the main reasons I transferred to fizz was for their traveling plans.

Now that switch on me just like that, while I'm traveling!!!

Does this concern anyone else

• Esciacca

I thought I'd have no problem traveling to the US but now with this, it's very upsetting

• Fizzdaddy
    Fizzdaddy Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same.

I asked about it on Messenger and no answer for 7 hours. Unusual as I never wait longer than 2 hours and normally within 15 minutes.

No mention here from management either.

Oh well, gotta look around.

• CatF
    CatF Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same problem.

Search on SIM Card Volte. You’ll need one if you signed up before September 2021. I haven’t figured out how to get one yet but lots of people are complaining that FIZZ is not promising when and if one will be sent.

I need 2, one for my daughter travelling next month and one for myself travelling in 2 months. I can’t believe they waited last minute to let me know.

Also, the Canada/US plan went down but they don’t adjust automatically. You have to change your plan before the next billing cycle.

I’m looking for another provider now, don’t have time or patience to waste on this!

• CatF
    CatF Posts: 2 ✭✭

I found some additional info:

Reading through forums it’s still unclear if it’s going to work.

• EricPD
    EricPD Posts: 152 ✭✭

A very interesting (very technical) article about VoLTE roaming: https://www.gsma.com/services/blog/guide-accelerating-volte-roaming/

basically, home network and roaming network must support VoLTE.

until Fizz enable VoLTE for all and get all the VoLTE roaming agreements, we’ll have to rely on other voip solutions or change provider.

This discussion has been closed.