Updated Internet plan 10 days ago, but speed not changed

Options
Konstantin
Konstantin Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Internet

Hello. My payment cycle starts on 18th, I updated my plan before this date, so I paid new price 18.06.2022 On my personal portal I see my new plan 200Mbs/30Mbs, however the speed is not changed. I still get around 125Mbs/22Mbps with Speedtest (old plan)

Sure, I reset my modem (pull power cable, wait 10 sec). Last time I did it today 29.06, still no effect. Any advice/suggestion? Thank you

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,191 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Konstantin,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    I just verified the service and it seems the speed was indeed not updated.
    I have made some manual adjustments and you should have the correct speed after you restart the modem one more time.
    Please test this and if by any chance you still notice a lower speed, please reach our support team directly. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Konstantin

Hi Konstantin,

can you please perform some speed tests using the Fizz Wi-Fi app. This app is available for free on Google Play Store & Apple Store.

To log in, use the following credentials:

• Username: cusadmin
    • Password: (enter the new password you chose) 

• Dapfizzer
    Options

@Konstantin

You can test some of the troubleshooting mentioned in the following FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-slow-how-do-i-make-it-faster

If the problem persists despite the possible corrections proposed by the troubleshooting, I suggest you to contact Fizz’s support team directly to inquire about that issue, they will be able to do some further investigation to correct this situation as well as provide you advice and precise answers. You can do it by opening the following link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, than click on it to start your chat session with the customer service.

If the chat bubble still does not appear at the bottom of the page, on the right, after a few seconds, the number of pending sessions is higher than the service’s processing capacity. At that time, you can leave a message on the other proposed communication channels:

-By private message on Facebook/Messenger: https://facebook.com/fizzca.

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

• Konstantin
    Konstantin Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz WiFi application will not work because my Fizz modem in bridge mode

My local settings is not an issue, I was on 120/20 plan for long time, and during this period any speedtest, Ookla or Google always display the right speed or even a little higher as I mentioned, until 130/22

After 18.06 absolutely nothing was changed, still the same 120/20 after everyday reset. I don't believe my router is a bottleneck - it is brand new ASUS RT-AX58U with WiFi6, 5Ghz steering disabled. How could we validate that Videotron simply did not "forget" to switch?

• Dapfizzer
    edited June 2022
    Options

@Konstantin

All right, I get it! However, if this change has not yet been made to your plan, you'll have to contact Fizz’s customer service team so that they can make certain investigations on their side.

The problem here will be that they will be able to perform them only if you unplug your own router, to put back the built-in Fizz modem. So once they have done the usage checks, you'll have a precise answer from the service, and if this change in your plan had not yet been made, they will be able to correct the situation as well.

• Dapfizzer
    Options

@Konstantin

And by the same token, you'll also be able to do some speed tests yourself when you have handed over the built-in Fizz modem. You'll thus have an idea of the true performance of it, and some confirmation of the non change of the speed for which you pay, if your own tests were to entrust it to you.

This discussion has been closed.